ADVERTISEMENT

Question for you Ukraine Hawks

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
I just read an article that said "China urges peace talks" and "China considering lethal aid to Russia" While these are not mutually exclusive they do suggest different approaches.
Lately the General's who are talking heads on TV seem to be saying "give Ukraine more weapons and sooner and they will defeat Russia. And "if the Russian's were going to se tactical nukes they would have done so so call their bluff". and finally "it is cheaper to fight a proxy war and weaken Russia using Ukrainian lives and our weapons rather than our weapons and our lives.

So my question for you hawks is if a peace settlement were brokered by someone that said return to the pre 2022 borders would you support that? The generals seem to be saying now is the time to drive them all the way out.
For those who say well that is Ukraine's decision. not ours if we and the west whispered now more weapons Zelensky would quickly change his tune don't you think.
I simply can not fathom a scenario where Putin is required to accept defeat [even being driven out of Crimea] without trying everything including tactical nukes or as much lethal aid as possible from China and Iran. He literally would not survive one day if gave up Crimea and lost 200,000 soldiers 1500 tanks etc etc.
If they retreated to their "own corners" so to speak both sides can save face. Ukraine actually did repel a Russian invasion. and Putin can say he repelled a power grab by NATO and keeps a buffer space between Russia and NATO.

I have no idea if that is being discussed but these Generals scare the beejesus out of me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.