ADVERTISEMENT

Question on PSU's second punt of the day

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
So PSU punts and the ball goes out of bounds by about ten yards and lands around the 20-yard line. We were in that end zone and all groaned as it looked like the ball crossed the OOB line at the 40 or 35. The Utah fans around us cheered. The game goes to a TV timeout with the ball sitting on the 20-yard line. I didn't see the refs mark the kicking place, where it landed, and walk up the line to see where it went OOB. We are all wondering why the ball is on the 20. That includes several people in our area.

I watched the game and the TV crew was anxious to get to the commercial break and didn't comment on the ball falling so far OOB. In fact, it looked like just a little on TV but I am telling you it was close to ten yards out. They come back from a commercial and start the game up exactly on the 20-yard line.

Nobody seemed to say a word from Utah's bench or ours.

Anybody see that and/or have a comment? It seemed like a pretty egregious miss on the part of the refs but it is also hard to judge depth from the endzone.

So PSU punts and the ball goes out of bounds by about ten yards and lands around the 20-yard line. We were in that end zone and all groaned as it looked like the ball crossed the OOB line at the 40 or 35. The Utah fans around us cheered. The game goes to a TV timeout with the ball sitting on the 20-yard line. I didn't see the refs mark the kicking place, where it landed, and walk up the line to see where it went OOB. We are all wondering why the ball is on the 20. That includes several people in our area.

I watched the game and the TV crew was anxious to get to the commercial break and didn't comment on the ball falling so far OOB. In fact, it looked like just a little on TV but I am telling you it was close to ten yards out. They come back from a commercial and start the game up exactly on the 20-yard line.

Nobody seemed to say a word from Utah's bench or ours.

Anybody see that and/or have a comment? It seemed like a pretty egregious miss on the part of the refs but it is also hard to judge depth from the endzone.
Watching on tv I didn’t think there was a bad spot .

Reactions: Obliviax
I was at the game and thought it was a bad spot. When the ref spotted the ball I mentioned to my friends sitting with me that I thought we got a lucky spot.

Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT