ADVERTISEMENT

Questions not asked at the TnT post match presser

dunkej01

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
So i watched https://www.hawkcentral.com/videos/...an-center-ncaa-wrestling-results/11140604002/

I have some questions that were not asked and maybe down the road they can be.

1) what do you make of fans who have an obsession with takedowns? Also would you consider a lack of scoring takedowns to be a hinderance to winning matches?

2) SLee made mention in the pre match presser about only being boo'd in HS at the state tournament and then again tonight he was boo'd. Do you think PA wrestling fans and PSU fans in general will cheer rather than boo SLee when he wears the NLWC singlet at the upcoming Olympics?

3) Your nephew did some great mocking dance moves at the end of his match with C*. Have you ever shown him your hamster dance video and do you think he could one day surpass your youtube infamy in a similar dance off?

4) were you able to meet up with Pat Mineo while in State College? Any truth to Terry being the mole in your program?

5) We werent able to see video shots of Ms. Marinelli this broadcast. Is she ok, and when might we see her again? At B16s, maybe?

6) Thomas Gilman was at the match. Any chance you guys hugged it out?

7) Is there any truth to the rumor that Uncle Lar has agreed to terms with S&S to publish a fictional portrayal of college transfer portal short stories? Also would Uncle Lar, be willing to start and fund an NIL program with these proceeds?

8) There is talk in some "circles" that the program may put "no posting on tHR" language into the donation agreement for people donating to the program. Do you think this is appropriate at this time? Would agree trashy behavior on the internet is not becoming of an individual whos name may adorn the new wrestling complex?

9) If excuses are for wusses, are knee and shoulder problems for sissies?

10) Anything to the story that SLee and NATO had a bet to see who could give up a TD that could create the loudest roar of the PSU faithful?

11) Many talk about your staff creating the best light weight room in the Country. Do you think this is a problem when there are 7 or 8 other weight classes where your guys typically are not among the top in the country?

12) Do you post on tHR? If so, is your handle IronBurd?

See you at Bigs gents and germs!

So i watched https://www.hawkcentral.com/videos/...an-center-ncaa-wrestling-results/11140604002/

1) what do you make of fans who have an obsession with takedowns? Also would you consider a lack of scoring takedowns to be a hinderance to winning matches?

2) SLee made mention in the pre match presser about only being boo'd in HS at the state tournament and then again tonight he was boo'd. Do you think PA wrestling fans and PSU fans in general will cheer rather than boo SLee when he wears the NLWC singlet at the upcoming Olympics?

3) Your nephew did some great mocking dance moves at the end of his match with C*. Have you ever shown him your hamster dance video and do you think he could one day surpass your youtube infamy in a similar dance off?

4) were you able to meet up with Pat Mineo while in State College? Any truth to Terry being the mole in your program?

5) We werent able to see video shots of Ms. Marinelli this broadcast. Is she ok, and when might we see her again? At B16s, maybe?

7) Is there any truth to the rumor that Uncle Lar has agreed to terms with S&S to publish a fictional portrayal of college transfer portal short stories? Also would Uncle Lar, be willing to start and fund an NIL program with these proceeds?

8) There is talk in some "circles" that the program may put "no posting on tHR" language into the donation agreement for people donating to the program. Do you think this is appropriate at this time? Would agree trashy behavior on the internet is not becoming of an individual whos name may adorn the new wrestling complex?

10) Anything to the story that SLee and NATO had a bet to see who could give up a TD that could create the loudest roar of the PSU faithful?

11) Many talk about your staff creating the best light weight room in the Country. Do you think this is a problem when there are 7 or 8 other weight classes where your guys typically are not among the top in the country?

Quite inventive to say the least. Perhaps the B&W faithful can post hypothetical Brands Responses: I’ll try on #1
Answer to #1. - “aw crap . . . you guys alway have to ask bull crap questions. Of course, I love a good take down as much as the next guy, but, my job is to hold onto my job. If I let most of my guys shoot away; well then….. we’re gonna gets our damn asses handed to us again by the other guy. If I can get most of my guys to avoid stall calls and get to OT, …. well then we have a 35% chance of winning . . . and at Iowa . . . that’s good enough for me to keep my job.”

Quite inventive to say the least. Perhaps the B&W faithful can post hypothetical Brands Responses: I’ll try on #1
Answer to #1. - “aw crap . . . you guys alway have to ask bull crap questions. Of course, I love a good take down as much as the next guy, but, my job is to hold onto my job. If I let most of my guys shoot away; well then….. we’re gonna gets our damn asses handed to us again by the other guy. If I can get most of my guys to avoid stall calls and get to OT, …. well then we have a 35% chance of winning . . . and at Iowa . . . that’s good enough for me to keep my job.”

brandslasereyes_medium.jpg

brands2.jpg

1. “To each their own, we prefer to score more points than our opponents however that may be. No.”

2. “Haha! That will never happen so we don’t need to worry about”

3. “No, he’s never seen it. If he keeps practicing Starocci’s moves, he may one day have his own YouTube channel. But I don’t think that’s in his future plans.”

4. “I did not, it wouldn’t be good for his health if I did. No way Terry is the mole. He can’t remember what I told him 2 minutes ago”

5. “Moriah is doing great. In fact, there was in extra match you guys didn’t see. She pinned Steen in :42 seconds. Went double unders and put him to his back. Glad Alex didn’t see it because he might have flashbacks to Cenzo doing that to him at Carver. Cael is trying to get her eligible so you may see her at 125 for PSU at Big 10’s”

6. “F**k no! Next question.”

7. “I don’t know what the hell S&S is so I would say no. You guys in State College have “binder envy” because ours is so large. We already have an NIL collective. We hired a guy using the handle @johnstownsteel to be our chief fundraiser. We know he spends a lot of time buttering up our big donors on HR”

8. “Not at all. We want our fans to express themselves however they want. We don’t care, we need all the help we can get to catch Penn St. I’m tired of losing to that guy Carl.”

9. “Come up to this podium and I will adjust your knees and shoulders. We will see who’s the sissy”

10. “Yes. They both agreed that having duals at BJC brings in large amounts of fans who don’t understand wrestling. It’s usually so quiet in there so they wanted to create some excitement. I think Spencer won the bet.”

11. “Simply not true. Cass, current 2 time AA, will most likely be a 4 time AA. Warner, 1 time finalist, 3 time AA and most likely 4 time AA. Kemerer 1 time finalist, 4 time AA. Marinelli 3 time AA, Young 2 time AA”

12. “I do not post on HR. I grew up with Terry and I think Ironbird might be crazier than him”

Last edited:
8a) How many of the wrestlers' apartments does Bob Nicolls own, and how many of those wrestlers will be looking for new housing on March 20?

You made a commit hate wrestling before he got out of high school. Have you ever made a future hawk hate wrestling while he was still in middle school? Grade school?
Did you read the Teasdale Now Back ?thread? Any comments?
This one’s for Terry. What is the polish corner? What’s with all the politician lovers in here?

Last edited:
"Tom, when publicly criticizing your wrestlers in the media following a disappointing dual, do you prefer to start with the youngest wrestlers first, go alphabetical, go sequential by weight, or by degree of your disappointment?"

What's the deal with taking medicine while the match is going and taking their medicine now. This guy is too much. I think he confuses himself at times then has to stop and think which rabbit hole he just went down wtf already

Iowa fanbase answers -Takedowns aren't important. No, not at all. To elaborate, stalling points reign supreme, it's simple math.
Well there is a math basis for this, 5 stalls will cause a DQ, you need 14 TD’s for a tech….. and then you only get 5 team points instead of 6.

"Look, the Brands love wrestling and drama. Dance? That's not what Iowa wrestling is all about. Go to Julliard for that. ... I assume you're not referring to hanging in collar ties with our elbows in and without any intent to initiate offense. You know, that's what we call the Iowa waltz. Best waltzing room in the country. You can print that. Print it!"

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
“Are you available to do a camp at my high school on the basics of tie-ups, pushing and how not to shoot even when you’re tempted?”

Reactions: IndyLion1
About #11. Iowa best lightweight room is bs. Spencer was on ir last year, but the last 5, I repeat 5, 125 champs were (excluding covid yr) Nico, Cruz, and Lee 3 times. The statement should be Pa. dominates this weight and many others.

Hell, for that matter Franklin Regional HS, LOL.
Well, I learned something new, probably of interest to nobody but me. I wondered why Murrysville's high school was called Franklin Regional. My familiarity with Murrysville was primarily driving through it on the way to Pittsburgh. I guess Murrysville was once Franklin Township, then Franklin Borough, before becoming Murrysville Borough and now the Municipality of Murrysville.

Reactions: Ja1339
About #11. Iowa best lightweight room is bs. Spencer was on ir last year, but the last 5, I repeat 5, 125 champs were (excluding covid yr) Nico, Cruz, and Lee 3 times. The statement should be Pa. dominates this weight and many others.
I also consider 133 & 141 lightweights. How many did Iowa win at those weights since 2011 (the year the NCAA championship run for PSU started) compared to PSU. I can remember Ramos, Clark, McDonough (think he might have taken 2nd to Robles)...to call them the best lightweight room sounds like bs when PSU has had just as much success if not more at those weights. Spencer is a freak and almost went to PSU. Had Suriano not been hurt the year Cruz won, he may have been another champ for PSU at the lower weights.

Reactions: danoftw
I also consider 133 & 141 lightweights. How many did Iowa win at those weights since 2011 (the year the NCAA championship run for PSU started) compared to PSU. I can remember Ramos, Clark, McDonough (think he might have taken 2nd to Robles)...to call them the best lightweight room sounds like bs when PSU has had just as much success if not more at those weights. Spencer is a freak and almost went to PSU. Had Suriano not been hurt the year Cruz won, he may have been another champ for PSU at the lower weights.
Desanto won multiple NCAAs, too, until he didn't, of course.

Reactions: BoHunter0210

Post of the year nominated

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
so Tom was talking about iowa history and legends or whatever well he had to be talking about PSU!!at least it sounds like it!another mix up!!

ADVERTISEMENT