ADVERTISEMENT

Quick hitters: Andrew Nelson on Paris Palmer/LT

Aug 31, 2005
State College
bwi.rivals.com
Penn State offensive lineman Andrew Nelson joined reporters on a teleconference this morning, and right off the bat, he was asked about left tackle, whether he'll be playing there, and his impressions of what juco transfer Paris Palmer has done since coming in.

I've transcribed and copied below his statements on the subjects.

"At this time I don't think I can speak as far as moving from right tackle to left tackle. Right now I'm just comfortable and trying to help the team out wherever I can no matter which side that I'm at. I think Coach Hand has kind of taken the outlook that there are new guys like Paris, just trying to give them work where they're comfortable," he said. "For Paris, obviously, he's been playing the left side so I would imagine he's more comfortable over there. So I think right now allowing him to get reps over there at left tackle is really helping him just feel more comfortable and just get things down quicker. So wherever the coaches need me, whether that's right or left tackle or anywhere on the offensive line is where I'm going to play."

And as for Palmer and how he's come along in his few short months on Penn State's campus?

"Obviously the great thing is that we have a lot of guys this year with experience. So it's great now we have a lot of guys with experience and then backing those guys up are guys that came in that give us added depth that are good players," said Nelson. "Obviously guys like Paris who might have to play right away, I think Paris has done a great job. I'm very impressed with Paris. Obviously it's a big jump from junior college to D1 football now.

"I've definitely been very impressed with his attitude and his outlook on how he knows he needs to come in here, he has to earn a spot and he's been working hard every single day at it."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.