ADVERTISEMENT

RBY Documentary

It was good. Job well done. Lots of respect for all the people in his story making him better and trying to be better for themselves too.

it takes a village! This is great - who called it when he showed up and was in a uber with two other 4 timers? I always like the inside PSU scoop and wish there was more of that .. Cael and co..
I was the lucky Uber driver that day. RBY, Teske and Teasdale. South Halls to Rec Hall. Teasdale talked the most. Teske said a couple of words. RBY never said a word except at the end when I said tell Cael I said “hey”. 😉 He smirked and said “Thx for the ride”.
They probably never even noticed that when I picked them up, that something went wrong with my Uber app and the ride was free. I never did figure out why I didn’t get pd for that trip. 😉

I was the lucky Uber driver that day. RBY, Teske and Teasdale. South Halls to Rec Hall. Teasdale talked the most. Teske said a couple of words. RBY never said a word except at the end when I said tell Cael I said “hey”. 😉 He smirked and said “Thx for the ride”.
They probably never even noticed that when I picked them up, that something went wrong with my Uber app and the ride was free. I never did figure out why I didn’t get pd for that trip. 😉
You better delete this before someone claims this is a violation and you get RBY suspended. 😂😂

Pretty great story. His high school coach and the coach that RBY lived with are incredible men and role models. I love seeing the coach-wrestler dynamic and that their belief in Roman helped him to believe and ultimately get him to where he is today. Inspiring stuff

Eighteen people and six dogs in one house, with only a few beds to sleep on. Never realized how tough of a life RBY has overcome. He deserves everything that he has worked for and then some. What a great role model for young kids and us old kids alike. We've been blessed with some great wrestlers with unique styles and RBY will always be right there at the top when I remember our 'hammers'.

Eighteen people and six dogs in one house, with only a few beds to sleep on. Never realized how tough of a life RBY has overcome. He deserves everything that he has worked for and then some. What a great role model for young kids and us old kids alike. We've been blessed with some great wrestlers with unique styles and RBY will always be right there at the top when I remember our 'hammers'.
In a house with concrete walls and a window a/c unit. In southern Arizona. They made the best of an unenviable situation.

South Tucson is among the worst areas in the country. RBY achieved greatness anyway. He's an inspiration. Just hope his story reaches those who need it most.

In a house with concrete walls and a window a/c unit. In southern Arizona. They made the best of an unenviable situation.

South Tucson is among the worst areas in the country. RBY achieved greatness anyway. He's an inspiration. Just hope his story reaches those who need it most.
As a person that absolutely loves Arizona, lived there for years, grad of ASU, lover of Tucson, yeah, it's a dangerous area.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Googles is this available for free or were you just being sarcastic? I'd love to watch this, but I'm subcribed to enough pay sites.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Thanks PSUer1989.....wow that was fantastic! I had no idea RBY experienced so many challenges and persevered! So happy those strong people stepped up to help him. Such an inspirational story!

Only question, not trying to dampen the doc. Seemed light on PSU coaches contributions and influence. Don't want to read too much into that, just curious.

Thanks PSUer1989.....wow that was fantastic! I had no idea RBY experienced so many challenges and persevered! So happy those strong people stepped up to help him. Such an inspirational story!

Only question, not trying to dampen the doc. Seemed light on PSU coaches contributions and influence. Don't want to read too much into that, just curious.
Well, consider Flo produced it, it was over the top praise of the coaches 😉. Seriously though, it was about his journey, so I really appreciated the look at his life and influences outside of PSU

Well, consider Flo produced it, it was over the top praise of the coaches 😉. Seriously though, it was about his journey, so I really appreciated the look at his life and influences outside of PSU
His Penn State story is very well known through social media over the years (drilling in the room, pictures with Cael and crew, etc); the upbringing far less so.

You know Bob Nicolls would have found some code violation and evicted the Bravos from their home upon hearing how many people and dogs were there.

#slumlordmillionaire
Probably the day they called to get the single window a/c unit repaired.

bite your tongue. he's one of the "nice" slumlords
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT