ADVERTISEMENT

Podcast Reacting to Penn State landing Four-Star CB Daryus Dixon

It's a good start, but I wouldn't go that far just yet.
These kids all know each other. They have been to numerous camps, all star events, use social media. Hoping a couple will want to be on the same team as he.

Past recruits have done great jobs at bringing in more talent. Just dreaming…….

I think it’s awesome that we land a kid from Mater Dei, as it’s one of the powerhouse schools on the west coast. My only concern is if his commitment will hold up. It’s a loooooong way to early signing day.

Reactions: bdgan and LMTLION
It is a good sign we were able to land him. We basically have had no presence in California so hopefully, first he honors the commitment and secondly we start getting more from the area.

By the way, Lavar's kid, Lavar Jr, is in SoCal. He is ranked #65 in California as an athlete, 3 star 87 rating by 247. 247 has us and UCLA as the only "warm" schools in his top five.

It is a good sign we were able to land him. We basically have had no presence in California so hopefully, first he honors the commitment and secondly we start getting more from the area.

By the way, Lavar's kid, Lavar Jr, is in SoCal. He is ranked #65 in California as an athlete, 3 star 87 rating by 247. 247 has us and UCLA as the only "warm" schools in his top five.
Arrington is my favorite PSU player of all-time and continues to represent PSU very well. Looks like his son has a PSU visit on June 21. Hopefully that is when he commits! Looked at a couple of the other recruiting services as well, and Oregon may also be in play. You never know in these situations if Junior follows his father‘s footsteps or wants to forge his own path in life. He is listed at 6’3” 215. That probably leads him on a path to becoming a linebacker in college.

Arrington is my favorite PSU player of all-time and continues to represent PSU very well. Looks like his son has a PSU visit on June 21. Hopefully that is when he commits! Looked at a couple of the other recruiting services as well, and Oregon may also be in play. You never know in these situations if Junior follows his father‘s footsteps or wants to forge his own path in life. He is listed at 6’3” 215. That probably leads him on a path to becoming a linebacker in college.
Lavar has been very loyal to Penn State and a great ambassador for the school and program. It would be nice to have his son follow in his footsteps but as you said you just don't know in these situations.

Lavar has been very loyal to Penn State and a great ambassador for the school and program. It would be nice to have his son follow in his footsteps but as you said you just don't know in these situations.
And there would be a lot less pressure on him going elsewhere and not trying to be his dad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT