ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Khaleke Hudson

Aug 8, 2010
I finally caught up with three-star ATH FILM) of McKeesport (Pa.) to check in about his recruitment and this weekend's visit to Penn State. As expected, Hudson didn't want to do the standard interview, he's not a big talker, but there are a few things to pass along from our conversation.

Hudson said that going into the visit Penn State, Michigan State, Ohio State, Virginia Tech and West Virginia were the schools that he was talking with more than others, but added that "the most is probably PSU."

During his visit he got a similar style of treatment, as he said he talked to every single one of the coaches at one point or another, and they all made their pitch for PSU. Hudson got to spend extra time with some of his fellow recruits and the current team members, as he stayed Saturday night. He didn't note anything specific about the extra night, but said the entire visit definitely helped PSU's standing.

In fact, Hudson told me that Penn State is at the top of his list right now, but quickly added that other schools like MSU, OSU, WVU, VT, Maryland and Pitt are up there as well and still under consideration. It's tough to get a true read on who stands where, but at the very least right now, it sounds like PSU is top 3-4, maybe even higher. He had solid interest before the visit (as he most recently visited Feb. 28 in addition to previous visits last year) and he tells me that after this weekend PSU is in an even better spot.

Hudson also tells me that he'll return for the Blue-White Game April 18. To no surprise, that is already already shaping up to be another solid recruiting weekend.

Otherwise, Hudson's only other scheduled visit right now is to Maryland. He will visit the Terps April 11.

Hudson said he wants to narrow his list of schools down during the summer. He also tells me that he's aiming to make a verbal commitment to the school of his choice before the beginning of his senior season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.