ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting & PA Wrestling news

El-Jefe

Jul 27, 2012
Since Dunk requested a thread ...

Isaiah Vance is the returning PA AAA 285 runner-up to Hunter Catka, and the only wrestler Catka did not bonus all year. Heavy favorite to win this year. Borderline top 10 nationally. Won Powerade with a victory over Malvern Prep's Cole Deery (also national top 10) in the finals. Great pickup for Army.

When you lose most of your best wrestlers to Bethlehem Catholic & NDGP, who would want that job anyway. Now that Becca lost both State Champions they will be hard on the recruiting trail. NDGP, Faith and Naz are pulling some nice classes in

I don’t know if anyone will see this as newsworthy, but Jacob Lucas was the PIAA AAA state champ at 215 out of Cumberland Valley a couple of years ago. He beat Catka, I think in the semifinals. Surprised a few folks then at Dapper Dan when he beat Emmanuel Skillings 11-4.

Anyway, he was supposed to be wrestling for Kolat at Navy, I thought, but hadn’t seen him on the roster. I noticed the other day that he’s at the Naval Academy Prep School, so expect him on Navy’s roster next year. Word around central PA is that he’d be 197 in college. They have Jacob Koser there now, another central PA product out of Northern high school.

Zeke Jones sighting in the WPIAL and a good 1 will be heading out of PA!

Nick Kunstek to Lehigh. A very solid pickup for them. I remember Nick when he wrestled at Pottsville. Haven’t got to see him much since he went to Blair.

Reynold’s Louie Gill to NC State. There is becoming a PA pipeline. How are Their recruiting classes so big. Most schools bring in 5-6 each year. They seem to bring in 12-15 each year.

Reactions: hlstone
He did this year. Will get approved tomorrow in the hearing. Hard ship legal separation trick works every-time. Hickory goes to AAA, Gill goes to Reynolds

Huge recruit. From what I am told he is super strong, talented but alittle rough around the edges. Heard he swears like a sailor, which will
Change. Any how, this could be a great addition and welcome aboard Zac!

Huge recruit. From what I am told he is super strong, talented but alittle rough around the edges. Heard he swears like a sailor, which will
Change. Any how, this could be a great addition and welcome aboard Zac!
as long as he doesn't swear in the mat!

It’s not a rumor. It’s true. Bethlehem Catholic and Hartmen said he would be approved.

And technical he would be approved because Wyoming Sem would not challenge and he was only a freshman last season.

And technical he would be approved because Wyoming Sem would not challenge and he was only a freshman last season.
Seminary as a Preps school has no standing to challenge a transfer to a PIAA school, and never has.

The PIAA transfer rules do not and never have prohibited transfer from a Preps school to a PIAA school.

Not to point at you but a general point: this board spends a lot of time bitching about rules that we can't be bothered to google. Same point about the Gill hand-wringing. We have an entire thread dedicated to it!

Seminary as a Preps school has no standing to challenge a transfer to a PIAA school, and never has.

The PIAA transfer rules do not and never have prohibited transfer from a Preps school to a PIAA school.

Not to point at you but a general point: this board spends a lot of time bitching about rules that we can't be bothered to google. Same point about the Gill hand-wringing. We have an entire thread dedicated to it!
Ummmmm.......I believe I stated that Sem would NOT challenge!!!!!

Last edited:
Wyoming Seminary isn't a PIAA member, so can not challenge. Technically, transfer all u want prior to entering 9th grade. After, in theory the rules apply.

Wyoming Seminary isn't a PIAA member, so can not challenge. Technically, transfer all u want prior to entering 9th grade. After, in theory the rules apply.
Yeah we have been through the Sem transfer semantics already. As per the PIAA rule, freshman can transfer, u are subjected to the rule after your freshman season is completed and u enter 10th grade..

I suck at explaining through type lol. Pretty, much where one wrestles their sophomore season is where they will finish their career unless they want to sit out a season.

Last edited:
Yeah we have been through the Sem transfer semantics already. As per the PIAA rule, freshman can transfer, u are subjected to the rule after your freshman season is completed and u enter 10th grade..

I suck at explaining through type lol. Pretty, much where one wrestles their sophomore season is where they will finish their career unless they want to sit out a season.
U explained it just fine, but I was pretty sure where u are when you begin 9th grade is where u are to remain. Of course I experience being wrong often.

ADVERTISEMENT