ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Satellite Camp Update

Ryan Snyder/BWI Staff

Aug 11, 2010
- I reached out to some people last night to ask about satellite camps. For now, I confirmed that the only sat camp Penn State is slotted to attend is Florida State's Sunshine Showcase on June 6. You'll notice that's the same day as Penn State's Whiteout Camp, so I'm expecting PSU to only send one assistant and one grad assistant to Tallahassee. Franklin is open to sending assistants to other satellite camps, but right now, they haven't found anything that's either A) worth the trip or B) doesn't conflict with an important recruit or two coming to them. As I mentioned before, I think we're going to see individual visitors, whether it be 2022, 2023, 2024 or even potential walk-ons, come up to campus for one-on-one visits throughout the week.

- I have confirmed that Boston College is set to attend Penn State's Elite Prospect I camp on June 5. There's some talk that they may come back for another camp later in the season. I was told the 7-on-7 camp on June 25 is a maybe, but right now, June 5 is the only one I know for sure. PSU has also discussed hosting a few other regional FBS programs. I believe Old Dominion (Rahne) and Marshall (Huff) may make an appearance, but nothing is finalized yet. I think it speaks highly of Penn State's camps that other FBS programs, aside from just former assistants, want to attend these camps. Director of Player Personnel Andy Frank has mentioned in the past that they put more emphasis on camps than most other programs, and I do certainly get that impression. Their testing is very thorough. It's a well run operation. PSU will also host multiple FCS, Div. II and Div. III schools for their camps. All I've asked about so far is other FBS schools.

Reactions: JBI917 and kevin310
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News