ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: TE Luke Farrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2010
I just spoke with Rivals250 TE Luke Farrell who is on his way home to Perry, Ohio, from today's unofficial visit to Penn State. He spoke in-depth about the visit and I'll post a full update in the morning, but wanted to pass along a quick note. Farrell said he was most impressed - "surprised" was the word he used - by the academic presentation today. Farrell is looking to study kinesiology/exercise science, and met with some academic people high up in the college. Not sure if it was the dean he met with or not, but from the sounds of it, it mirrored Brendan Ferns' recent visit when the staff also coordinated a presentation for the academic side of things.

He learned a lot on the visit and still calls PSU a top school. That said, I still get the vibe that Ohio State is the team to beat if it continues pushing for a third TE. Farrell called the Buckeyes his leader prior to the PSU visit and yesterday's visit to Boston College. I asked if they still lead now that he's seen PSU and BC:

"Being the first time I saw this place, I got to see everything, and it's definitely going to be a harder decision than I originally imagined," Farrell said. "Any of my options, I feel like, would be good options. I'm just trying to find the right fit. They're all up there. I wouldn't really rank one ahead of the other because they all bring different things to the table, whether it's academics, football program, coaching."

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.