ADVERTISEMENT

Reintroducing top 5 dramatic series

Thanks for waking this thread up, I missed it first time around. No love for HBO's Rome? It is a ridiculously expensive and largely historically authentic spiritual predecessor to GOT.
rome GIF

Also NBCs Hannibal is my favorite thing ever to be shown on a major network. This cast, writing, cinematography make this series a damn work of art. You all know the story, you all know how it ends, and yet somehow they just keep ramping up the tension. The season 2 finale is insane
community hannibal GIF

Tried starting “You” on Netflix this week. Made it 1.5 episodes before quitting. Can anyone convince me I am wrong?

Peaky Fookin Blinders
Britannia
Domina
American Rust
Tin Star
City on a Hill
Brotherhood
Animal Kingdom
Homeland
Barbarians
Ray Donovan
Billions

My gal does the subtitles thing, too.

I want absolutely no form of academia involved in my gluttonous time of loafing, entertaining myself with cartoons. Also, it pisses me off when they miss/screw up words.

Any Night Court fans out there?
I see NBC is bringing it back,gonna be tough to beat the original, one of my faves.
Looking forward to it (but not thinking they’re turning it into a drama.)

Last edited:
Did you watch The Man in the High Castle?

Amazing first 2 seasons. I wish they had stayed away from the fantasy bit. There was just no need. Would have loved to just see the world for what it is.

I

It’s actually going to be a movie and not a new season. I would rather have a new season but I’ll take any Luther content. Really great show

Luther was amazing. First british "detective" show I'd ever seen. Convinced me that Idris Elba should be the next Bond.

Did you watch The Man in the High Castle?
I enjoyed but didn't get through it.

In a similar alternate historical fiction vein, just finished and enjoyed For All Mankind (on Apple+), which imagines a world where Russia beat the US to the moon, viewed through NASA. Three seasons cover from the mid/late 60s through 1995.

Reactions: js8793
Me! USMC left me hard of hearing and hearing aids suck ….. so I read subtitles. Sight is now not the best …. so I increased the font to the point where I can’t actually watch a lot of the movie/show/game. Aw hell ….. maybe it’s the shine I sip after dinner.
3+ years as a USMC Marksmanship Instructor and 2 overseas tours has me reading subtitles too! Ha. I can watch the movie and read the novel at the same time!

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT