ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining schedule for teams ahead of PSU

LSU plays A&M and GA
USC plays UCLA and ND
Clemson plays UNC
Utah plays Oregon

I can't imagine losing to Rutgers but MSU might give us a game. Assuming we win out we could be ranked 8th.
TCU also plays Baylor, Iowa st, and either k St or okie st in their championship game. They may still lose one or even 2.

Unlikely for Tennessee to drop one to 6-4 s. Car or a Vanderbilt team that just beat Kentucky but weird things sometimes happen.

USC would not only need to beat both UCLA and Notre Dame as you point out but also likely Utah who already beat them or Oregon in their championship game.

Also, I could see s. Car possibly upsetting Clemson. Rivalry game with a 6-4 SEC team who may be tougher than 9-1 UNC.

Utah has not only Oregon as you mentioned but also a conference championship game if they get by Oregon.

LSU plays A&M and GA
USC plays UCLA and ND
Clemson plays UNC
Utah plays Oregon

I can't imagine losing to Rutgers but MSU might give us a game. Assuming we win out we could be ranked 8th.
We win out
The Conference Championship games aren't really "games left"
LSU losing to Ga won't even potentially push them behind us.

Reactions: bison13
We win out

You are so constantly full of shit, it isn't even funny. CCG are definitely "games left" in terms of impacting your Final CFP Ranking (which isn't published until AFTER the CCGs are played). Last year, UGa dropped 2 places (1 - 3) after losing their P5 CCG. Okie State dropped 4 spots (5 - 9) after losing a P5 CCG despite it only being their 2nd loss. 10-2 Oregon dropped 4 spots last year after losing their P5 CCG to go to 10-3. You're full of shit that losing your CCG won't potentially drop you in the Final CFP Ranking.

True the only way someone moves more than a spot or two after a conference championship game is if it is a blowout

That's not true - both Okie State and Oregon dropped 4 spots last year after losing their P5 CCG.

In addition, Iowa dropped 2 spots last year after taking loss #3 in b1g CCG.

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
Probably won't matter who wins the Clemson/N. Carolina game as far as our ranking is concerned. North Carolina is only 2 spots behind us. They will leap frog us if they beat Clemson who is already ahead of us.

Probably won't matter who wins the Clemson/N. Carolina game as far as our ranking is concerned. North Carolina is only 2 spots behind us. They will leap frog us if they beat Clemson who is already ahead of us.

It really doesn't matter as the winner will fill the ACC's auto-bid in the Orange. I'm guessing it will be undefeated UGa, duhO$U and TCU + 1-loss Tenn. scUM v Pac10 Champ in Rose. Bama v KSU in Sugar. PSU v Clumpson Orange.

That's not true - both Okie State and Oregon dropped 4 spots last year after losing their P5 CCG.

In addition, Iowa dropped 2 spots last year after taking loss #3 in b1g CCG.
A couple things here. I said no one drops more than a spot or two and Iowa dropped two spots so that does align with exactly what I said.

The next part of what I said was unless it is a blowout. Oregon got blown out by Utah losing by 28 points or so. Therefore because it was a blowout they dropped more than two spots. I will give you the Oklahoma State one though I think that ultimately it was more of the SEC teams jumping them in order to make bowl choices align better.

A couple things here. I said no one drops more than a spot or two and Iowa dropped two spots so that does align with exactly what I said.

The next part of what I said was unless it is a blowout. Oregon got blown out by Utah losing by 28 points or so. Therefore because it was a blowout they dropped more than two spots. I will give you the Oklahoma State one though I think that ultimately it was more of the SEC teams jumping them in order to make bowl choices align better.

Again, there are people on here claiming that it doesn't matter whether LSU loses to UGa - it won't effect their pre-CCG Ranking in the Final CFP Ranking (LSU is currently 1 spot in front of Bama and lost ground in both Polls released today to Bama in terms of total poll point spread). This is clearly a false statement as evidenced by last year's CCG losers.

• Haha
Again, there are people on here claiming that it doesn't matter whether LSU loses to UGa - it won't effect their pre-CCG Ranking in the Final CFP Ranking (LSU is currently 1 spot in front of Bama and lost ground in both Polls released today to Bama in terms of total poll point spread). This is clearly a false statement as evidenced by last year's CCG losers.
It isn't "clearly a false statement"
I'm sorry but you don't comprehend how this works and you refuse to read what is stated which why your reply to the other poster was nonsense and ignored everything they said

It isn't "clearly a false statement"
I'm sorry but you don't comprehend how this works and you refuse to read what is stated which why your reply to the other poster was nonsense and ignored everything they said

You're the moron who doesn't comprehend dolt-boy. Every single P5 CCG loser dropped in the polls which directly conflicts with your inane claim:

We win out

CCG absolutely DOES COUNT as "games left" in terms of LSU's Final CFP Ranking diametrically contrary to what you just said moron.

You're the moron who doesn't comprehend dolt-boy. Every single P5 CCG loser dropped in the polls which directly conflicts with your inane claim:

CCG absolutely DOES COUNT as "games left" in terms of LSU's Final CFP Ranking diametrically contrary to what you just said moron.
Read my reply again. LSU can't fall behind us if they lose that game

Read my reply again. LSU can't fall behind us if they lose that game

If they get blown out they absolutely could. You've also said they can't/won't fall behind Bama.... blah, blah, blah. You're a regular fountain of asinine statements ASWPer. PSU going to a NY6 Bowl is just killing you - LMAO.

If they get blown out they absolutely could. You've also said they can't/won't fall behind Bama.... blah, blah, blah. You're a regular fountain of asinine statements ASWPer. PSU going to a NY6 Bowl is just killing you - LMAO.
I don't care about bowl games. And I don't think there's much difference between those games and the Citrus. I'd probably rather play Ole Miss than an ACC team anyway.

The fact you and other still try to dismiss people here, like me, as a fan of another fan base for not drinking the Kool-Aid is insane.

A NY6 bowl doesn't mean anything--K-State might get one

I don't care about bowl games. And I don't think there's much difference between those games and the Citrus. I'd probably rather play Ole Miss than an ACC team anyway.

The fact you and other still try to dismiss people here, like me, as a fan of another fan base for not drinking the Kool-Aid is insane.

A NY6 bowl doesn't mean anything--K-State might get one

LMAO, PSU going to a NY6 bowl is just eating away at you ASWPer.

Reactions: PSUALREADYKNOW
LMAO, PSU going to a NY6 bowl is just eating away at you ASWPer.
Let's even pretend I was a Pitt fan (or Michigan or Texas or Ohio State or any of the other nonsensical things that have been said) why would I care if Penn State was playing in a NY6 bowl? Have I not said the entire time I've been here bowls are meaningless. If Pitt went to a NY6 bowl game I'd say the same thing. Every team other than the 4 in the playoff are playing a meaningless scrimmage.

So, two of the things I said were true and the third, which I gave you credit for was this : Ok St ranked 5th, lost to Baylor ranked 9th. Ohio state (6) and ND (7) both went up 1 spot while Baylor jumped from 9 to 7 as they should have since they just beat Ok St. Ole Miss stayed at 8, so even in giving you 1 example, it really wasn't that bad much of a stretch to see why they dropped 4 spots to 9.

It absolutely is not false

Let's even pretend I was a Pitt fan (or Michigan or Texas or Ohio State or any of the other nonsensical things that have been said) why would I care if Penn State was playing in a NY6 bowl? Have I not said the entire time I've been here bowls are meaningless. If Pitt went to a NY6 bowl game I'd say the same thing. Every team other than the 4 in the playoff are playing a meaningless scrimmage.

Except that they do matter quite a bit from a recruiting and "profile" standpoint ASWPer. You're so pathetic - PSU going to a NY6 Bowl is just eating you up.

So, two of the things I said were true and the third, which I gave you credit for was this : Ok St ranked 5th, lost to Baylor ranked 9th. Ohio state (6) and ND (7) both went up 1 spot while Baylor jumped from 9 to 7 as they should have since they just beat Ok St. Ole Miss stayed at 8, so even in giving you 1 example, it really wasn't that bad much of a stretch to see why they dropped 4 spots to 9.

It absolutely is not false

Back to the point of this whole discussion... when LSU gets blown out by UGa, it will effect their Final CFP Ranking - and not in a positive way.

though I think that ultimately it was more of the SEC teams jumping them in order to make bowl choices align better.

This. These games have teams in mind going into ccg week. They have calls in to the committee to make the moves required to get the beneficial ($$$) matchups.

Tennessee is going to re-prove that not playing is better than playing when it comes to getting into the Invitational. #ridiculous
Perhaps it is better if the big 10 cancel the championship game. If they mutually agree on co-champs then both teams are in.

Tennessee is going to re-prove that not playing is better than playing when it comes to getting into the Invitational. #ridiculous
Tennessee will have earned a spot at a 11-1. I don't think anyone really questions whether or not they're a top 4 team this year.

Perhaps it is better if the big 10 cancel the championship game. If they mutually agree on co-champs then both teams are in.
The winner of the OSU/Michigan game will play a 3 loss team from the West in the BIG championship game. Only 1 BIG team will be unbeaten.

Tennessee will have earned a spot at a 11-1. I don't think anyone really questions whether or not they're a top 4 team this year.
So the playoffs will be two big ten and two SEC teams?

And for what it’s worth….it still means Tennessee sits home, not playing in a Championship game. No matter how much risk you assess to Georgia losing, it is greater than zero…which is the risk Tennessee has… and that takes “earning” out of my equation.

And for what it’s worth….it still means Tennessee sits home, not playing in a Championship game. Not matter how much risk you assess to Georgia losing it is greater than zero…which is the risk Tennessee has.
So will Michigan or Ohio State
Conference Championships aren't necessary
If Tennessee wins out they're in. Georgia can lose a game and still be in.

But that's not reality--that's a fantasy world you've created
Interesting. One would be a tournament of champions. The other isn’t. The former isn’t fantasy, it’s reality in literally every other sport on the planet and the other levels of CFB.

We have an invitational of teams one supposes is better than another.

My apologies, I meant the game as they refer to it.
The OSU/Michigan game really is the BIG championship game this year. The imbalance of the East and West divisions could be solved by flip flopping the 2nd place finishers every year and leaving them there until they finish 2nd again.

Interesting. One would be a tournament of champions. The other isn’t. The former isn’t fantasy, it’s reality in literally every other sport on the planet and the other levels of CFB.

We have an invitational of teams one supposes is better than another.
In no other sport is winning a division or conference a requirement to make the playoff. Unless all conference winners earn a spot it's an illogical requirement

The conferences aren't even remotely even. Penn State is better than Clemson for example. Clemson's just in a cupcake conference. Being 3rd in our division is more impressive than Clemson winning the ACC which is why the playoff needs expanded.

In no other sport is winning a division or conference a requirement to make the playoff. Unless all conference winners earn a spot it's an illogical requirement

The conferences aren't even remotely even. Penn State is better than Clemson for example. Clemson's just in a cupcake conference. Being 3rd in our division is more impressive than Clemson winning the ACC which is why the playoff needs expanded.
Penn State may be better.

I agree tournaments of champions do not exclude some that didn’t win, but in all the others, champions do get in and they do not get overlooked in favor of teams that don’t. In a four team playoff, with 5 possible entrants, only champions should play.

No sense in continuing to make our pointed since this is hashesd out by others all the time. In my world, champions never go home without playing to the next round. In yours, they do.

Mine is a playoff. Yours and the current is an invitational. Thankfully this crappy era is over very shortly.

ADVERTISEMENT