ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining schedule for teams ahead of PSU

Penn State may be better.

I agree tournaments of champions do not exclude some that didn’t win, but in all the others, champions do get in and they do not get overlooked in favor of teams that don’t. In a four team playoff, with 5 possible entrants, only champions should play.

No sense in continuing to make our pointed since this is hashesd out by others all the time. In my world, champions never go home without playing to the next round. In yours, they do.

Mine is a playoff. Yours and the current is an invitational. Thankfully this crappy era is over very shortly.
Your world doesn't exist. I'm dealing with reality. A playoff can't exist without all conference champions and even expanding to 12 your world still doesn't exist as some will be excluded for non-champs.

We don't have to hash it out but you're literally making the point for a 24 team playoff.

Your world doesn't exist. I'm dealing with reality. A playoff can't exist without all conference champions and even expanding to 12 your world still doesn't exist as some will be excluded for non-champs.

We don't have to hash it out but you're literally making the point for a 24 team playoff.
Lol. My world, your world. My world does exist, and yes I am making that case for 24. I don’t really want that either, but there is another division that very meaty does have it.

Nonetheless, todays format is not a playoff. And the next version more closely resembles one and will be enough for me.

Lol. My world, your world. My world does exist, and yes I am making that case for 24. I don’t really want that either, but there is another division that very meaty does have it.

Nonetheless, todays format is not a playoff. And the next version more closely resembles one and will be enough for me.
I'm just dealing with what is--you're creating a standard that doesn't exist and trying to imply it to "what we have"
You agree Tennessee and the loser of Michigan/Ohio State are likely going over Clemson, the Big XII winner and USC unless TCU is undefeated, right? Doesn't mean you like it--just accepting it.

LSU plays A&M and GA
USC plays UCLA and ND
Clemson plays UNC
Utah plays Oregon

I can't imagine losing to Rutgers but MSU might give us a game. Assuming we win out we could be ranked 8th.
Reuters, Rutger, Rutgers. Clifford needs to play better.

If you guys do not mind, all PSU fans of course, please understand the meaning of the words 'effect' and 'affect' and use each correctly and according to the content of your posts.

We all make mistakes, and I have my share, but the reading is easier when each comparison is the correct one.

LSU plays A&M and GA
USC plays UCLA and ND
Clemson plays UNC
Utah plays Oregon

I can't imagine losing to Rutgers but MSU might give us a game. Assuming we win out we could be ranked 8th.
Looking at this piqued my curiosity, and so I took a peek at the preseason polls.

Fun facts:
1. Of the preseason top 25, just under half of the teams (12) are not even ranked
2. In addition, two teams that were initially ranked, are currently ranked materially worse (ND - 6/18, OKS - 12/24)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT