ADVERTISEMENT

REPAIR KIT!!

has anyone ever been sent to get a light bulb repair kit?
We refer to them as "LRKs" and are part of our new employee onboarding process. IT keeps them under lock and key so you have to request one via Slack.

They're on the 13th floor. But while you're up there pick up a bucket of steam.

has anyone ever been sent to get a light bulb repair kit?
No, but have you ever tried Colt 45 Malt Liquor?

As a young boy scout I was sent for sky hooks to hold up our tent.

At work as an electrician, someone sent a trainee to me for a box of amps. gave him a box of fuses and sent him on his way.

• Haha
Reactions: Obliviax
No, but have you ever tried Colt 45 Malt Liquor?

As a young boy scout I was sent for sky hooks to hold up our tent.

At work as an electrician, someone sent a trainee to me for a box of amps. gave him a box of fuses and sent him on his way.
I find a good way to create teamwork is to take them on a snipe hunt after hours.

I find a good way to create teamwork is to take them on a snipe hunt after hours.
Lol, we, the new scouts, were sent on a snipe hunt with flashlights and a box to put them at the same scout camp!

Lol, we, the new scouts, were sent on a snipe hunt with flashlights and a box to put them at the same scout camp!

I once had to change out a muffler bearing on a 55 Chevy. dual mufflers, couldn't figure out which one to replace, so I did both. total bitch of a job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obliviax
For a few years we had a cottage on Tilghman Island, MD which is off the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake.

It was transitioning from a hardcore "Waterman's" place with a lot of coloquialisms and abject generational poverty, to a DC weekend haven with slick new houses with Bay/river views.

There was one General store on T.I. where you got everything from bait to the 10oz cans of Bud which were the preferred (somewhat unique) volume.

One day I saw a shirtless, old timer openly drinking said pony beer walk into the store and ask for light bulbs. The clerk gave him a 2 pack which cost a few bucks. The man struggled for cash,and asked to just buy one- which they declined.

I made sure he got his light bulbs. That situation always stuck with me. Odd.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
For a few years we had a cottage on Tilghman Island, MD which is off the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake.

It was transitioning from a hardcore "Waterman's" place with a lot of coloquialisms and abject generational poverty, to a DC weekend haven with slick new houses with Bay/river views.

There was one General store on T.I. where you got everything from bait to the 10oz cans of Bud which were the preferred (somewhat unique) volume.

One day I saw a shirtless, old timer openly drinking said pony beer walk into the store and ask for light bulbs. The clerk gave him a 2 pack which cost a few bucks. The man struggled for cash,and asked to just buy one- which they declined.

I made sure he got his light bulbs. That situation always stuck with me. Odd.
I've been going to that area for about 40 years. Up until about 15 years ago many of the businesses from St Michael's out toward Tilghman still accepted credit. Not credit cards, but credit that they wrote down in a book and expected you to pay in the future. It isn't the same anymore at all, and not for the better.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT