ADVERTISEMENT

Repeated hate filled posts expose Parkerdam555

WTH is this guy's issue? How many I hate Franklin threads can one start?
There are a number of them on this board unfortunately. All have different angles but one goal to demean and disparage PSU. My two favorites are the:

1) If we don't beat OSU and scUM the whole program is in shambles and we need to blow it up. We will lose the next 4 because I am negative Ned.

and another gem...

2) PSU is always lucky when we win because Franklin always has the wrong scheme and the wrong players. What's more, everything bad that happens on the field is always Franklin's fault, 4 turnovers...Franklin's fault, calling to go for it then miss, that blew the game, player slipping...Franklins's fault, lose the coin toss...Franklin's fault....on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on with the misery.

WTH is this guy's issue? How many I hate Franklin threads can one start?

He's 21Guns (aka Gunsie). He started his message board life as MilesKaufman. He was Delcolion915 this summer until his Purdue prediction blew up. A known troll who has used a multitude of screen names going back years. It's a good bet that he's posting under several screen names right now.

He's 21Guns (aka Gunsie). He started his message board life as MilesKaufman. He was Delcolion915 this summer until his Purdue prediction blew up. A known troll who has used a multitude of screen names going back years. It's a good bet that he's posting under several screen names right now.
Lol… There was nothing Delco about that Delco915 guy.

There are a number of them on this board unfortunately. All have different angles but one goal to demean and disparage PSU. My two favorites are the:

1) If we don't beat OSU and scUM the whole program is in shambles and we need to blow it up. We will lose the next 4 because I am negative Ned.

and another gem...

2) PSU is always lucky when we win because Franklin always has the wrong scheme and the wrong players. What's more, everything bad that happens on the field is always Franklin's fault, 4 turnovers...Franklin's fault, calling to go for it then miss, that blew the game, player slipping...Franklins's fault, lose the coin toss...Franklin's fault....on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on with the misery.
Nothing like making shit up. But it would be nice to compete with OSU and Mich regularly. If you're blind enough to think Franklin is a good game day coach there is no hope for you.

The ignore feature is so good because you get to see theses fools have posted but not their redundant rhetoric. Seeing the "you are ignoring...." message is cathartic. Like putting a pillow over their mouths ... till they are silent.

Reactions: scbob and BudatPSU
Nothing like making shit up. But it would be nice to compete with OSU and Mich regularly. If you're blind enough to think Franklin is a good game day coach there is no hope for you.
So what “game day” mistakes did Franklin make on Saturday? Not kicking the FG to go up 17-16? Perhaps and I was complaining about it then. But after Pinegar missed twice from makeable distance, he went for it twice on 4th down and converted both to take a 21-16 lead. What other game day “mistakes” did he make Saturday? While you are at it, maybe you could be the first to answer the question I have posed for months: what game day mistakes did he make which cost the team the Michigan and MSU games last year since no one else has. Franklin has made game management mistakes—every coach does. But to claim he is a bad game day coach is nonsense

and another gem...

Well there's the one extreme of reflexive Franklin-bashing and the opposite extreme of treating every criticism of the man as heresy and betrayal.

Between these two extremes there is plenty of middle ground for reasonable debate.

So what “game day” mistakes did Franklin make on Saturday? Not kicking the FG to go up 17-16? Perhaps and I was complaining about it then. But after Pinegar missed twice from makeable distance, he went for it twice on 4th down and converted both to take a 21-16 lead. What other game day “mistakes” did he make Saturday? While you are at it, maybe you could be the first to answer the question I have posed for months: what game day mistakes did he make which cost the team the Michigan and MSU games last year since no one else has. Franklin has made game management mistakes—every coach does. But to claim he is a bad game day coach is nonsense

I tend to agree with you about the familiar knock on Franklin as a "bad game-day coach."

You can dissect almost any game by any team and come up with stuff to criticize, calls that backfired, and so forth. A lot of it is strictly hindsight, falling in the category of if-it-worked-it-would-have-been-brilliant-but-it-didn't-so-the-coach-must-be-an-idiot.

Personally, I don't feel expert enough on all the X's and O's to do detailed critiques of game plans or recommend schemes on offense and defense...except in a general way: for example to say I wish we'd hit the edge more in the rushing game...things of that nature.

That said, coaches are judged, fairly or not, by the measurement of wins and losses. When you go into a game against an inferior team and look unprepared or uninterested, the coach will take heat for that...and rightly so.

Similarly, when a pattern develops of losing games against the top rivals on your schedule, of blowing 4th-quarter leads with implosions on offense and defense, of getting blown out and embarrassed, well, people look first to the head coach.

The head coaches at the top programs are very well paid and when things go right they get a tremendous amount of praise and credit. Conversely, when things go wrong they get blamed...sometimes unfairly, but it comes with the territory.

Still, it's amazing what one big win can do to rehabilitate a coach overnight. If we could have hung on for nine more lousy minutes against Ohio State, the conversation today would be totally different.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
The handle changes but the jerkyness stays the same - a tool by any other name....

Well there's the one extreme of reflexive Franklin-bashing and the opposite extreme of treating every criticism of the man as heresy and betrayal.

Between these two extremes there is plenty of middle ground for
I really have not seen many posts calling out Franklin as perfect. No coaches are perfect. In fact, I haven't seen one.

I tend to agree with you about the familiar knock on Franklin as a "bad game-day coach."

You can dissect almost any game by any team and come up with stuff to criticize, calls that backfired, and so forth. A lot of it is strictly hindsight, falling in the category of if-it-worked-it-would-have-been-brilliant-but-it-didn't-so-the-coach-must-be-an-idiot.

Personally, I don't feel expert enough on all the X's and O's to do detailed critiques of game plans or recommend schemes on offense and defense...except in a general way: for example to say I wish we'd hit the edge more in the rushing game...things of that nature.

That said, coaches are judged, fairly or not, by the measurement of wins and losses. When you go into a game against an inferior team and look unprepared or uninterested, the coach will take heat for that...and rightly so.

Similarly, when a pattern develops of losing games against the top rivals on your schedule, of blowing 4th-quarter leads with implosions on offense and defense, of getting blown out and embarrassed, well, people look first to the head coach.

The head coaches at the top programs are very well paid and when things go right they get a tremendous amount of praise and credit. Conversely, when things go wrong they get blamed...sometimes unfairly, but it comes with the territory.

Still, it's amazing what one big win can do to rehabilitate a coach overnight. If we could have hung on for nine more lousy minutes against Ohio State, the conversation today would be totally different.
These are good points although I am not sure about what to specifically blame Franklin for in the loss on Saturday beyond we collapsed and he is the HC kind of thing. Which is a major point (see below).

On offense it was just a perfect storm, our guys making the absolute worst plays and their DE making NFL Hall of Fame plays. I think that game is played 100 times and probably the sequence of strip sack then TD on next play then pick six does not happen again. With that said, I still think we lose the game without those two late turnovers. Why? Because I would bet all day long and twice on Sundays that Stroud and Harrison would still make the clutch plays down the stretch and Clifford would not come through.

That brings me to the defense and I don't know enough about Xs and Os to assess what the heck happened versus the first 50 minutes of the game.
Should we blame Franklin and Diaz for that 35 sec drive? Was there anything they could have done differently scheme wise? I think Carter was hurt which was a big loss. Was it just really poor player execution? Maybe Day going up tempo was the check mate and Franklin and Diaz could not do anything? I do question why the heck after Harrison's 5th or 6th catch over the middle, each for 20 yards roughly, that we didn't do something to take that away. I realize they could very easily have gone to another option but at least shut down the option they love and what they keep burning us with if we keep letting them. For example, how can you let Harrison beat you over the middle for 11 yards on that third and 10 when it was 30-24. Yes, I realize Stroud could have very well gone to another option but at least make him go away from his favorite option. Again, at that stage even if we stop them I think it is unlikely we pull it
out but it would have been nice to have a shot.

Overall in the big picture I agree with the premise that we do not know how to win big games and seem to wilt under pressure. You have to point to Franklin on that issue. Is it the generic lack of mental toughness? What does that mean? Is it a deep cultural and systemic issue running through the program? It does feel a little like that defense got on the field with 9 minutes to go and a 5 pt lead and suddenly the stage was too big for them? Why? Who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT