ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Reviving Friday Jukebox

I just found out Bob Gaudio turned 80 last month. I hadn't heard of him before but he was the keyboardist for Franki Valli and The Four Seasons. But more importantly, he wrote or co-wrote almost all their big hits, both in the 60s and the 70s. Here's one he wrote in the 70s. I like this song.

Last edited:
Read guitarist Zak Godwin II was struck by a hit and run driver in Nashville. I don't believe he performed with Joan Jett and the Blackhearts at the time of these recordings. But, as "internet rabbit holes" go,
I came across them when looking up Joan Jett songs after hearing the news.

Bad Reputation is playing in the beginning of the "I Love Rock 'N Roll" music video (which is kinda cool).

Was listening to XM and the song "Into the Night" by Benny Mardones came on. Its a great song but I didn't realize it is about a 16 year old girl. Very creepy by today's standards. Sure, there is the Ringo song about she's 16, beautiful and mine but that is kind of a pop song. Benny's song has much more sexualized bite to it. Regardless, a great song with a lot of passion.

Reactions: OldiesAtTheGaff
Rueben Carter was falsely tried
I remember watching that when it first ran back in 1975. Was an all star tribute to the legendary John Hammond who had discovered and signed well pretty much everyone for the preceding 40 years to record contracts. Took dog for walk in corn field behind my house and smoked a big fattie and well Dylan was epic

Last edited:
I remember watching that when it first ran back in 1975. Was an all star tribute to the legendary John Hammond who had discovered and signed well pretty much everyone for the preceding 40 years to record contracts. Took dog for walk in corn field behind my house and smoked a big fattie and well Dylan was epic
Bob Dylan is my poet. His lyrics speak to me like no other. I have always loved music. But, when I first heard Blood on the Tracks, thanks to my Penn State college roommate, it took my passion to a new level. Whether life had me feeling on top of the world riding atop my highest wave or crashing me smack face down into the shore...Bob had a song for me to carry me along. I have posted several Dylan songs right in this thread. Happy to see I have a few fellow fans here on the best damn thread on the best damn rivals forum in the land.

"Bird on the horizon, sittin' on a fence..."

In that case, throw another quarter in.....because I used to have mountains in the palm of hands.......and I still do!
Thank you lowhandicapper. I wouldn't mind if you do. Here's some quarters...
Stop Motion Money GIF by PES

This glass of bourbon says one more quarter...
Let's bring brother Jerry into the mix. This opening solo in Philadelphia in 1989 is pure guitar fire.

well now you have gone and done it.........having a J Henry bourbon (local Wisconsin) and listening to another original......

I believe the term the kids use now a days is "drop the bass".

Last edited:
One more...there's hope. The boys played State Theatre a few years back. Devon Allman has Skydog's strap for you hard cores.

ADVERTISEMENT