ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Reviving Friday Jukebox

Just a little nostalgia for those of us not heading up to the Blue/White this weekend. Let the tailgating begin.
(Wherever U R...WE R)

School Spirit:

Penn State Tailgating:

Phyrst Family:

Tahoka Freeway:

Blue Band:

Hey Baby:

Hail to the Lion:

Home is where the 💙🤍💙 is:
Good stuff 👍🏻

Just a little nostalgia for those of us not heading up to the Blue/White this weekend. Let the tailgating begin.
(Wherever U R...WE R)

School Spirit:

Penn State Tailgating:

Phyrst Family:

Tahoka Freeway:

Blue Band:

Hey Baby:

Hail to the Lion:

Home is where the 💙🤍💙 is:
Tahoka Freeway was my favorite band during my years atv state college. Thank you

Last edited:
I just found out that Billy Hinsche died about six months ago. In the 1960s he was in the boy band Dino, Desi and Billy (Dino and Desi being the sons of Dean Martin and Desi Arnez). After that he did various music things with various people over lots of years, including as a touring member of The Beach Boys. He once turned down an invitation to join The Beach Boys in the late 1960s to finish his college degree. Carl Wilson of The Beach Boys was married to his sister (and they eventually divorced and Carl married Dino Martin's sister).

Just last year I stumbled on him on Facebook or Youtube where he had a one man show where he'd tell old stories about the various people he played music and then play some of the music and it was kinda nice and he was pleasant and then I lost track of it, but geez, it must not have been long after I lost track that he got lung cancer and died.

Here he is playing The Beach Boys' song "God Only Knows" on piano, accompanied by Carl Wilson's son on guitar and Carl Wilson's grandson on cello.

Disco-tinged Star Trek theme music. This tune, disco or otherwise, is actually pretty good, to my tastes at least. I read once that while someone else wrote this music, Gene Roddenberry (creator of Star Trek) wrote lyrics to it (even though nobody would ever hear them) so that he'd get half the royalties from the music.

On that theme, everyone always remembers the Star Wars/Cantina Band song by Meco, but everyone forgets about his followup:

Reactions: jjw165
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT