ADVERTISEMENT

Rider (don’t we usually have five match threads by now) Match thread

Didn't see it, but I imagine that's one way to drown a shark.

I am never bothered when combat sports exhibit a degree of aggressive brutality. If I was, I wouldn't watch them.

That said, I wouldn't want to see anyone get hurt.
Wow that is messed up. That is a concrete floor he was slammed on, real possible damage. Just glad the Rider bounces up

I expect to get crucified for this but anyone else bothered when Carter drove the Rider kid out of bounds then off the mat and slammed him. You can feel the difference when you step off the mat in my mind just no excuse for that
I just watched the Flo video replay. This 3rd period sequence began after Carter had gotten a TD and let the kid up, then immediately shot in on another TD, when both wrestlers feet were still in bounds. It did appear as though Carter took an extra step or two necessary to finish off the TD, and the fact that the Rider kid landed off the mat and on the floor wasn't kind. In Carter's defense, he put the Rider kid down on his back in a controlled manner, not slammed, where slamming means dropping or throwing down uncontrolled.

Last edited:
I have seen Carter be a little too aggressive out if bounds several times in the past and thought he was close to getting dinged. The kid is the ultimate competitor but I do hope he cleans this one thing up a bit.

Reactions: Ski
I left Flo two years ago over services. I debated whether to buy the package for the matches they carry this year. After following this thread through the Rider match, I’m glad I didn’t. I can’t imagine how some of you must have felt last night. The anxiety and angst would have driven me crazy. Things would get broken. Instead I committed to listening to Ironhead and envision the action through his powerful descriptions. I went happily to sleep, except for that Dean thing. Oh well, you literally can’t win them all😉.

Next up Lehigh.
I’d pay for Byers if he wasn’t free. That man is priceless.

Clearly @Hotshoe suffered PTSD after 10d of wading thru Iowa racist posts.

vietdog-cupcakes.gif
Too late for a new post of the year candidate?

That was gold @El-Jefe 😂

Reactions: Hotshoe
When I last looked, it was no longer available on their app.

It WAS available, in potato-filmed format, late last night.

I've been trying to watch the replay on Flo. The picture quality was like my eyes were before cataract surgery. And then I got the circle of death. I restarted, got the circle of death again.

I just decided to screw it. Now watching Chattanooga at Illinois on B10+. The picture quality is perfect.

Illinois 125 wbf when the Chat guy stepped over on a whizzer. I think he believed they were going OOB. But Illinois had his toe inbounds. The oob rule changes everything. Makes it hard to play the edge.

I've been trying to watch the replay on Flo. The picture quality was like my eyes were before cataract surgery. And then I got the circle of death. I restarted, got the circle of death again.

I just decided to screw it. Now watching Chattanooga at Illinois on B10+. The picture quality is perfect.

Illinois 125 wbf when the Chat guy stepped over on a whizzer. I think he believed they were going OOB. But Illinois had his toe inbounds. The oob rule changes everything. Makes it hard to play the edge.
I have Pitt and Illinois on. I think it's live

I have Pitt and Illinois on. I think it's live
Mine says it's live, too! Something nefarious is going on.

I've discovered the discrepancy. Illinois wrestled Chatanooga at 2. I caught the end of the meet. The Pitt meet started at 4. The universe is again in balance.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hlstone
Have you ever seen one of those news vans with the antennas on top for live feeds? Have you ever heard of a 5G commercial high bandwidth hot spot? When's the last time ESPN had Internet issues?

Sure Flo is no ESPN, and has 1/10,000th of their budget, and can't afford a fleet of vans, but....

This is their core business and their primary value proposition. Flo has had streaming issues for 10 friggin years, dare I say fairly consistent issues. There is the old adage ' fix the problem people'.

Spend a fraction of what they spent in legal fees vs Willie on some reliable technology and this bane of everyone's existence, every single damned season goes away.

Having the service you you provide to your best customer's depend upon whatever local Internet signal you may or may not have, as your 'only' capability seems limiting and unreliable.

I am really happy I didn't sign up for their $30/mo bowling service. I came so close.

So as an ex-customer, I really have no dog in this fight. Nonetheless, I extend no sympathy for a problem they have had a decade to figure out and can't. Just sayin.

Flo needs to get rid of Askren as fantastic as his wrestling knowledge, his ADHD disrupts every single friggin topic and stream of thought, and hire Ed Harris.

Such a great movie! One of my favorite lines in the movie is where the Ed Harris character says, "Work the problem, people!" This particular line was used as a teaching point in a law enforcement critical incident training course I attended. It helped me a lot as a supervisor at rapidly-evolving and chaotic critical incident scenes. It is easy as the incident commander to get overwhelmed by the chaos, but if you can remember to focus on the most immediate need at hand then you will be much more successful in your handling of the incident. Sorry for the detour to my law enforcement background, but that movie and especially the Ed Harris character's leadership skills made a big impression on me.

Reactions: nitlion6
I expect to get crucified for this but anyone else bothered when Carter drove the Rider kid out of bounds then off the mat and slammed him. You can feel the difference when you step off the mat in my mind just no excuse for that
I just re-watched it several times. Admittedly, Carter's feet were still on the mat (but well out of the circle) when he lifted his opponent off the mat, eventually launching him to the arena floor. I could see an official assessing a penalty point for unnecessary roughness in that situation. I think Carter needs to make sure he manages his natural aggression so he doesn't do anything uncalled for in matches.

Unless you are as good at it as Trent Hidlay.

Clearly @Hotshoe suffered PTSD after 10d of wading thru Iowa racist posts.

vietdog-cupcakes.gif
What has always been interesting to me is this, Okie State fans rarely talk sh&t. They have more Championships than anyone. They actually act like they've been there. Iowa fans don't. It’s just that simple. Okie State has 34 titles, ten more than Iowa. We're at 10.

Reactions: Ski
So, just watched SVN again.

He got screwed on a non-Merkle, called-Merkle takedown.

If SVN has the leg shelved, and it isn’t laced, that’s not a Merkle. It was interesting that the coaches let that one go.

very smart match from max dean. repays his karmic debt from last year's ncaa's early in a meaningless match. cael always 3 steps ahead.

side note: second member of the dean family to fall victim to no reaction time on a standing gramby. last time it was in psu's favor tho haha

at least someone liked this joke!

ADVERTISEMENT