ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Lloyd Morrisett, co-creator of Sesame Street

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
He was working as an experimental educationist when, at a dinner party when he met Joan Ganz Cooney. He asked her if she thought television could be used to teach young children? And she replied’I don’t know but would like to try’ They collaborated with Gerald Lesser and Sesame Street Street aired three years later.

Cooney said on his passing ‘Without Lloyd Morrisett there would be no Sesame Street’

He was 93.

Well he lived long life, but holy moly doesn’t it seem like we’re in a death season? The papers, TV news or here. Everyday someone notable appears to be passing on.

Our son's girlfriend has relatives who live in Northern Fairfield County, CT. We got an Air Bnb last fall and the in law suite was decorated with funky are and some Sesame Street stuff. The owner had come from The Czech Republic and was a longtime employee. She said that many of her peers l8ve in the same town and that they all volunteer with the local library and elementary schools.

RIP Lloyd and thank you for educating me and my children. What an impact these folks have had...

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Our son's girlfriend has relatives who live in Northern Fairfield County, CT. We got an Air Bnb last fall and the in law suite was decorated with funky are and some Sesame Street stuff. The owner had come from The Czech Republic and was a longtime employee. She said that many of her peers l8ve in the same town and that they all volunteer with the local library and elementary schools.

RIP Lloyd and thank you for educating me and my children. What an impact these folks have had...
Talk about impact. The show was aired in countries all over the globe. You could probably take a muppet ro any country and people would immediately recognize it. Great image for the US.

BTW the fist show was sponsored by the letters W, S, E and the number 2 and 3. Wonder why they picked those ones to go first.🤷🏾‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT