ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Susan Wojcicki

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
For those that don’t know she was one of the original Google executives and was CEO of YouTube when they took off from 14 to 23. A self made woman, her net worth approached $1B. She was only 56. She left YouTube last year when fighting lung cancer.

For those that don’t know she was one of the original Google executives and was CEO of YouTube when they took off from 14 to 23. A self made woman, her net worth approached $1B. She was only 56. She left YouTube last year when fighting lung cancer.
Only 56 yrs old

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude, than the animating contest of freedom—go from us in peace. Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, & may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."-Samuel Adams

Don’t worry they will be removing this whole thread soon
Insert the obligatory "what's this got to do with Penn State football" message here.

Self-made if by self-made you mean had the good fortune to rent out her garage to 2 guys who started one of the biggest companies in the world and brought her in as an early employee.

Whether you liked he or not - she had a tough life at the end. Had a 19 year-old son die of an overdose in his dorm room and battled an aggressive lung cancer for two years.

For the record, this woman ushered YouTube into a new era with her insight as to what streaming means and, for all intents and purposes, killed the traditional media. She led a company that bypasses the media filters and takes content directly from providers to the audience.

I honestly don't know her position on social media censorship but she clearly acquiesced, at the very least. If anyone is interested in govt censorship, read Matt Tiabbi's "Twitter Files". Did YouTube just do what they were told or were they a willing participant? I have no idea. The irony is that YouTube shut down a site for people battling cancer that talked about alternative treatments. It would have been interesting to hear her views on this as she approached certain death from lung cancer at a pretty young age. I also want to point out that these kinds of "direct to consumer" channels can be exploitative of people desperate when they learn Western medicine is too invasive or no longer carry the hope of for survival. it is really an unsettled battle and I have no clue what the answer is. But coming off of COVID, I no longer trust "medicine" so feel there needs to be some kind of check and balance from what we did ten+ years ago.

That's true but we are told "by their fruit you shall know them" while we do not make the call their fruit indicates where they are likely to end up.
I once heard it said, " when we get to Heaven we won't be most surprised there are people there we didn't think would make it, we won't be most surprised there are not people there we thought would, we'll be most surprised we made it ourselves!"

I once heard it said, " when we get to Heaven we won't be most surprised there are people there we didn't think would make it, we won't be most surprised there are not people there we thought would, we'll be most surprised we made it ourselves!"
Rickie Jervaise tells a joke about a Jewish guy who dies and is sent to the pearly gates to see Jesus. At the gate, the Jewish guy tells an off-color joke about the Holocaust. Jesus says that isn't funny. The Jewish guy retorts and says "I guess you had to be there." He says it is the most ironic and deep joke he's ever told because there are so many layers to the very short story and the meaning behind the words If you think about it, it is really a deep joke.

Reactions: SheldonJoe2215
Insert the obligatory "what's this got to do with Penn State football" message here.

Self-made if by self-made you mean had the good fortune to rent out her garage to 2 guys who started one of the biggest companies in the world and brought her in as an early employee.

Whether you liked he or not - she had a tough life at the end. Had a 19 year-old son die of an overdose in his dorm room and battled an aggressive lung cancer for two years.
not to mention being born into a wealthy family, makes everything else a lot easier...

Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT