ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Rivals Rankings Week: Which OL is best fit for his future team?

"tough, physical and plays with a mean streak" does not go with "That kind of kid and mentality seems like a perfect fit for what Franklin, offensive line coach Phil Trautwein and the entire staff is looking for out of offensive linemen in Happy Valley."

There are two parts to this, one, does he have the athletic ability to excel in the current system and does he have the mindset? To play devil's advocate, we use a gap blocking scheme with a lot of spread gimmicks. He has the athletic ability but assuming the persona is correct, he might be best served playing at one of the Michigan schools, Iowa or Wisconsin given the system we actually use. Gap blocking means walling off defenders not engaging them. Aggressive players tend not to fair very well in gap schemes that use a lot of spread gimmicks.

"tough, physical and plays with a mean streak" does not go with "That kind of kid and mentality seems like a perfect fit for what Franklin, offensive line coach Phil Trautwein and the entire staff is looking for out of offensive linemen in Happy Valley."

There are two parts to this, one, does he have the athletic ability to excel in the current system and does he have the mindset? To play devil's advocate, we use a gap blocking scheme with a lot of spread gimmicks. He has the athletic ability but assuming the persona is correct, he might be best served playing at one of the Michigan schools, Iowa or Wisconsin given the system we actually use. Gap blocking means walling off defenders not engaging them. Aggressive players tend not to fair very well in gap schemes that use a lot of spread gimmicks.
Love the fact that he's a wrestler. However, I just read on the internet that he'll suck at Penn State.

Love the fact that he's a wrestler. However, I just read on the internet that he'll suck at Penn State.
I never said that, what I did say that he might be better off somewhere else. He could still be very good but likely won't hit is ceiling. Two very different things. Pay attention.

I never said that, what I did say that he might be better off somewhere else. He could still be very good but likely won't hit is ceiling. Two very different things. Pay attention.
So, shortly after enrollment, but before his first practice, you're suggesting the young man made a poor choice in Penn State?

The good news? @Wallace Breen is running out of gripes about the PSU program and coaches, so he is just making it up.

You saying “To play devil’s advocate” ….one of the funniest lines in board history!

How long has he been posting his nonsense?

2-3 years at least. Everything is based on a couple absurd principles:

1. BOB was dealt the worst hand ever and navigated it perfectly.
2. Sanctions were completely removed upon Franklin's arrival and he fell straight on his face.
3. Every good player we've ever had was recruited by BOB.
4. The 2 schedules BOB faced were the most brutal in Big 10 history. Franklin has met a soft Big 10.

Ignore is every human's friend with regard to Wall-ass Breem.
So, you're saying that I should put "Wall-ass" on ignore? I can't even remember the name of the turd I put on ignore some moths ago, and I can't say that I've missed him either.

2-3 years at least. Everything is based on a couple absurd principles:

1. BOB was dealt the worst hand ever and navigated it perfectly.
2. Sanctions were completely removed upon Franklin's arrival and he fell straight on his face.
3. Every good player we've ever had was recruited by BOB.
4. The 2 schedules BOB faced were the most brutal in Big 10 history. Franklin has met a soft Big 10.
Don't forget how Hack's Hall of Fame career was derailed by Franklin.

• Haha
Reactions: lazydave841
Square peg, round hole .....LOL
Everyone needs to dig deeper :rolleyes:

So, you're saying that I should put "Wall-ass" on ignore? I can't even remember the name of the turd I put on ignore some moths ago, and I can't say that I've missed him either.
Ignore is not a bad choice, but Wallace is an unrepentant know-it-all.

Better to call him out and shoot down his nonsense IMO.

Ignore is not a bad choice, but Wallace is an unrepentant know-it-all.

Better to call him out and shoot down his nonsense IMO.
Someone said arguing with him is like playing chess with a Pigeon . When you win he will just knock all the pieces over, 💩 all over the board, and then strut around like he won. So now he is known as The Pigeon.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT