ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Rivals250 Defensive Tackle Randy Adirika Commits to Penn State

I hope that the only thing I can infer from his PRs in the shot put (39'?") and the discus throw (98'7") is that he isn't at all focused on track and field, maybe didn't even practice. They are extremely underwhelming numbers for someone his size, if he has any explosion. I threw the disc around 100' as a 150 lb sophomore. For comparison's sake, Jven Williams was well over 65' and 180' respectively. Chimdey Onoh at nearly 62' and well over 170'. Fortunately, he is being recruited for football.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I hope that the only thing I can infer from his PRs in the shot put (39'?") and the discus throw (98'7") is that he isn't at all focused on track and field, maybe didn't even practice. They are extremely underwhelming numbers for someone his size, if he has any explosion. I threw the disc around 100' as a 150 lb sophomore. For comparison's sake, Jven Williams was well over 65' and 180' respectively. Chimdey Onoh at nearly 62' and well over 170'. Fortunately, he is being recruited for football.
Would want to understand where is with strength and conditioning? What does he bench press relative to peers? The shot put is so much about technique but it is strange for someone that big to only throw it 39'.

Would want to understand where is with strength and conditioning? What does he bench press relative to peers? The shot put is so much about technique but it is strange for someone that big to only throw it 39'.
Shot, disc, and javelin all require a lot of technique, which requires good coaching and discipline. I would hope that he could stand and heave the shot 40' without either.

Are those current throws? I would think those are old for as big as he is, but you never know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT