ADVERTISEMENT

Roar's Annual Big Ten Pre-Pre-Seeds

Yeah, Deakin can say he rode Nolf out a period. But in doing so he gave up 3 points (2 stalling calls and 1 point for locking hands). Score-wise he would have done better to release Jason (but then Jason would have gotten more TD's--so it was a pick your poison for Deakin!).

....and he should have been called for at least 2 more stall calls as the 2 that were called were mandatory (riding the leg for more than 5 seconds) and his ride from start to finish was 100% "top stalling" with no other calls than the mandatory ones.

#1 Gable Steveson (MINN)
#2 Tony Cassioppi (IOWA)
#3 Greg Kerkvliet (PSU)
#4 Mason Parris (MICH)
#5 Lucas Davison (NU)
#6 Tate Orndorff (tOSU)
#7 Christian Lance (NEB)
#8 Trent Hillger (WIS)
#9 Luke Luffman (ILL)
#10 Jacob Bullock (IND)
#11 Boone McDermott (RUT)
#12 Michael Woulfe (PUR)
#13 Brad Wilton (MSU)
#14 Zach Schrader (MD)

The easiest weight class to seed, bar none. #1 Steveson (MINN) is not just on a planet all his own, he’s in a solar system all his own. It’s REAL EASY FOR THE NEXT THREE SEEDS (listen in, Big Ten). #2 Cassioppi (IOWA) has a HTH win over #3 Kerkvliet (PSU), while Kerkvliet owns a HTH win over #4 Parris (MICH). Easy peasy!

#5 Davison only lost to guys seeded higher, and has a HTH win over #7 Lance (NEB) and #8 Hillger (WIS). I slid #6 Orndorff (tOSU) just after Davison, but I could see him anywhere from #6 to #8. He has four losses, to the top four seeds and nothing resembling a good win, while Davison, Lance, and Hillger have several bouts among each other. This was the toughest stretch of the heavyweight seeding, but only because I wasn’t sure exactly where to insert Orndorff, as he did not wrestle Davison, Lance or Hillger (all from the West Division).

#7 Lance beat #8 Hillger HTH, hence the higher seed. From there, the drop-off is substantial. #9 Luffman (ILL) is the logical choice for the next seed, beating three of the five guys seeded below him. The remaining five seeds can be seen above.
Great stuff Roar! Just an FYI in case you think it makes a difference so you can have these exactly as you want them since you put a lot of time in.

Lance beat Orndorff 9-4 at CKLV. I mention this since you distinctly said Orndorff hadn't wrestled him. I don't know how much weight the non dual match weighs for you though so do with it what you will. Thanks for doing all of these.

Reactions: hlstone
Thanks Roar. I always enjoy the read and truly appreciate the effort.

Nit

Last edited:
....and he should have been called for at least 2 more stall calls as the 2 that were called were mandatory (riding the leg for more than 5 seconds) and his ride from start to finish was 100% "top stalling" with no other calls than the mandatory ones.
riding nolf in the 3rd he was admitting defeat which makes no sense!

Reactions: 7Springs and mcpat
riding nolf in the 3rd he was admitting defeat which makes no sense!
I had the same thoughts that I mentioned in another thread: I had forgot about that match! You could almost read Deakin's mind going into the third period, "He's already humiliated me by taking me down eight times. There is no way I am letting him escape and take me down again. I don't care how many stall calls I have to give up!" :) Jason was definitely on a mission that match. To do that to a wrestler the caliber of Deakin just shows how special Jason was. His pace, attack rate and conversion rate were simply amazing.

Reactions: creamery freak
Me too. He is 3-4, with four consecutive losses. Best win - Malczewski, but losses to Jordan (tOSU) and Cochran (MD). I could see him one spot higher, but no more than that.
Hmm he ended up getting 7th seed..I guess that’s pretty fair

Hmm he ended up getting 7th seed..I guess that’s pretty fair
Other than 184, 98% of the seeds were within 2 of mine, and 90% within 1.

And frankly, 184 is a mess. No way the season's results were used.

Venz at #4, 3-4 on the season with one good win (vs Assad) and losses that included #12 seed Braunagel and #13 seed Lyon.

Poznanski, also 3-4 on the season, best win against #9 seed Washington, while losing to #6 seed Malczewski, the tOSU back-up (Jordan) and #8 seed Cochran. Appears they discarded the Jordan loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT