ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Crookham

RandyL

May 29, 2001
Buckhannon, WV
The Rofkin article says he is a FR phenom, who just made his debut at Wilkes Open.

I cant keep the days straight, let alone the years.
I'm thinking he is a RS FR as opposed to true FR ??

It didnt say what weight he is at.
What are your expectations for him ?

The Rofkin article says he is a FR phenom, who just made his debut at Wilkes Open.

I cant keep the days straight, let alone the years.
I'm thinking he is a RS FR as opposed to true FR ??

It didnt say what weight he is at.
What are your expectations for him ?
Pretty sure he was a HS Senior last year.

I think a combination of injuries and possibly peaked earlier (he was an absolute unit as a sophomore) has taken some hype away. I remember he was a can't miss Spencer Lee type prospect.

I still think he'll be great and Santoro will get the best out of him.

I think a combination of injuries and possibly peaked earlier (he was an absolute unit as a sophomore) has taken some hype away. I remember he was a can't miss Spencer Lee type prospect.

With what Santoro did at Maryland I thought when he moved to Lehigh the Hawkineers would become a top 5 or 6 program. That certainly hasn't happened and I haven't seen anything from Lehigh to make me believe they will develop Crookham into anything above just a pretty good wrestler. A couple AAs (maybe 3) and maybe a trip to the semi-finals.

Reactions: vhsalum and RandyL

He missed his entire Sr. year but I do not recall him ever being considered a "can't miss" prospect. Yes, really, really good but never Spencer Lee type.

Crookham entered Clarion open last year as a Senior in HS. Hurt his knee amd missed most of the season but NOT all. He actually beat now Nittany Lion Conner Pearce in AA State finals this recent year at Hershey. He also won Super 32 as an 8th grader. He did have a good resume. His injury and absence has taken him off the map but seems may possibly be ready to get back in the swing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT