ADVERTISEMENT

Sandusky Owed 212 Grand.

Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll blow it all on more unsuccessful appeals before he dies. If not, maybe he can at least get a few more snacks at the commissary.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Was not PSU employee Court rules.

Maybe our BOT will authorize the University to pay it.

Nah, they'll pay it, tell the Centre Daily Times that the insurance will reimburse them, play that card for a few years, then quietly not-announce that the insurance company isn't in the business of paying for things that aren't covered.

It was his annuity, fully paid by JS. Most of this payment is going to the lawyers I suppose. Dotty will see pennies if any, however, she will start receiving the monthly payment from this point onward.

It was his annuity, fully paid by JS.

Don't think that's correct "Pennsylvania's state government pension system will send Jerry Sandusky a $211,000 check next week to cover payments going back to when it illegally stopped his retirement benefits...." ".... It ordered the retroactive payments, along with 6 percent interest...".

PSUinMICH, go check it out, JS is getting his retirement (annuity) retroactively that he paid.
"Pennsylvania's state government pension system will send Jerry Sandusky a $211,000 check next week to cover payments going back to when it illegally stopped his retirement benefits...." ".... It ordered the retroactive payments, along with 6 percent interest...". Article in paper stated the above. cover payments due when it stopped his retirements benefits plus 6% interest. Doesn't sound like Jerry's own money.

Pensions in Pa must be different than in MI. My pensions contains a small % of what I paid in and a much larger % from where I retired. At least the 6% interest wasn't "fully paid by JS".

Pensions in Pa must be different than in MI. My pensions contains a small % of what I paid in and a much larger % from where I retired. At least the 6% interest wasn't "fully paid by JS".
It is the same way in PA. He made contributions and so did Penn State. They were invested and then paid out to him at retirement.

Reactions: Doc-M
It was his annuity, fully paid by JS. Most of this payment is going to the lawyers I suppose. Dotty will see pennies if any, however, she will start receiving the monthly payment from this point onward.

You are correct, take out at least 20% for taxes, then money I'm sure owed to both the appeals lawyer and then the lawyers that represented them for the retirement litigation and I doubt that there will be all that much left.

Reactions: Doc-M

6% is also owed to JS for not paying his money on time (held back money could have earned a lot more than 6% if properly invested). So, net net, the full amount with interest is owed to JS and it is his money. I think court decision is fair and just.

Note: I am supporter of truth, not JS.

Reactions: Marshall30
I just assumed when you said "fully paid by JS" you were referring only to money JS contributed and not Penn State's contribution. I agree as did the courts that the money was owed.

I just assumed when you said "fully paid by JS" you were referring only to money JS contributed and not Penn State's contribution. I agree as did the courts that the money was owed.

Respectfully, Penn State contribution towards JS' retirement package was part of his employment contract and therefore it becomes his money after it is vested if not before anyway.

Reactions: Marshall30
Like I said...I just assumed when you said "fully paid by JS" you were referring only to money JS contributed and not Penn State's contribution (vested or not). I agree as did the courts that the money was owed.

I am not a fan of this forfeiture law. I understand it when you do something illegal associated with your job. But the law applied in cases like this only serves to harm innocent parties like his wife and family. The fact is he earned his pension and his wife should be entitled to rely on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT