ADVERTISEMENT

Football Score Predictions for Penn State Football versus USC Trojans

I can't get a read on this game at all. I've watched quite a bit of USC games this year and yes, they've dropped two games but they have some great talent--particularly the WRs.

I understand the our passing defense stats but I also saw the trouble they had--especially in 1st half of games. It feels like our QB pressures don't come until the 2nd half of games.

There are a lot of parallels to the 2008 game at Wisconsin; highly ranked at a well-regarded team who is 3-2 (Wisc losses were Mich and OSU). Played a ranked ILL team but even after that, many were still not quite sure how good we were. We go into Madison and blow them out. That's what I'm hoping for because if it's close, I just can't believe Franklin wins the close games vs really good talent.

Sadly, I'll go 28-20 bad guys.

I agree with Zane. I just don't see USC putting up a ton of point. 21-13 but not as close as the score says. Similar to Illinois

I can't get a read on this game at all. I've watched quite a bit of USC games this year and yes, they've dropped two games but they have some great talent--particularly the WRs.

I understand the our passing defense stats but I also saw the trouble they had--especially in 1st half of games. It feels like our QB pressures don't come until the 2nd half of games.

There are a lot of parallels to the 2008 game at Wisconsin; highly ranked at a well-regarded team who is 3-2 (Wisc losses were Mich and OSU). Played a ranked ILL team but even after that, many were still not quite sure how good we were. We go into Madison and blow them out. That's what I'm hoping for because if it's close, I just can't believe Franklin wins the close games vs really good talent.

Sadly, I'll go 28-20 bad guys.
Does USC have really good talent or was it highly overrated?

Reactions: knickslions
Does USC have really good talent or was it highly overrated?

I think those WRs are very good. As I noted in my initial post, I know what the pass defense stats say but by the eyeball test, I dont think our secondary is a top-level squad. And now, they are going up against some very talented WRs and a proven successful offensive coach. That has me worried because Allen seems to have to take a half to figure things out.

As far as who we have played compared to USC, I think they have better talent than every team we've played so far this season.

As far as overrated, they started the season ranked in the 20s (#23 I think) with o/u win total between 7.5 and 8.5 (depending on which bet site you visit). Their win vs LSU pushed them up the rankings along with some losses by other teams. I think if you had told me they were 3-2 at this point in the preseason, I would say, "ya, that makes sense--losses vs LSU and at Michigan." So I don't think they are overrated at this stage.

I think those WRs are very good. As I noted in my initial post, I know what the pass defense stats say but by the eyeball test, I dont think our secondary is a top-level squad. And now, they are going up against some very talented WRs and a proven successful offensive coach. That has me worried because Allen seems to have to take a half to figure things out.

As far as who we have played compared to USC, I think they have better talent than every team we've played so far this season.

As far as overrated, they started the season ranked in the 20s (#23 I think) with o/u win total between 7.5 and 8.5 (depending on which bet site you visit). Their win vs LSU pushed them up the rankings along with some losses by other teams. I think if you had told me they were 3-2 at this point in the preseason, I would say, "ya, that makes sense--losses vs LSU and at Michigan." So I don't think they are overrated at this stage.
So, we don't agree about the WRs--I think they're overrated--see the Minnesota game. Does Minnesota have a better secondary than we do? Do they have a better pass rush?
I think USC has more talent than Illinois but not by a significant amount and certainly not more than we do. I think USC creates fear because they're USC not because they're "good"
I don't think they should have lost to Michigan with Orji. I had them at 4-1 with a loss to LSU. After beating LSU 3-2 is horrible and it's why Lincoln Riley is on the hot seat
I understand why you doubt Franklin in big games--this just isn't a big game. It's a game we're expected to win...

Reactions: mhlarch
Yes, we disagree about the WRs.

Yes, some of that fear is they are USC but also--Franklin vs blue bloods like SC, OSU, Mich. I also have not been impressed with Allen. I hate that the defense does not look prepared in the 1Q.

I agree USC should not have lost to Michigan and really they shouldn't have lost to Minnesota.

I think this is a big game because even if USC isn't ranked, it is what the game represents and I think that create it as a big moment. Win this game and yes, there are some trap games but it really opens the road to a 11-1 or 12-0 season.

So we agree about most things.

Yes, some of that fear is they are USC but also--Franklin vs blue bloods like SC, OSU, Mich. I also have not been impressed with Allen. I hate that the defense does not look prepared in the 1Q.

I agree USC should not have lost to Michigan and really they shouldn't have lost to Minnesota.

I think this is a big game because even if USC isn't ranked, it is what the game represents and I think that create it as a big moment. Win this game and yes, there are some trap games but it really opens the road to a 11-1 or 12-0 season.

I'm confused by the dislike of Allen--aside from the BGSU game he's been fine
I mean, anything short of 11-1 this year is unacceptable. Ohio State is the only game that's a true challenge on paper.
Franklin issue isn't "blue bloods" IMO but it's good team...this isn't a good team. Just like WVU (I'll drink) a good team
We'll see--hopefully you're wrong obviously but I just don't think USC should be able to play with us. Obviously if Vandy can beat Bama anything can happen but we're a heavy favorite even on the road.

I'm confused by the dislike of Allen--aside from the BGSU game he's been fine
I mean, anything short of 11-1 this year is unacceptable. Ohio State is the only game that's a true challenge on paper.
Franklin issue isn't "blue bloods" IMO but it's good team...this isn't a good team. Just like WVU (I'll drink) a good team
We'll see--hopefully you're wrong obviously but I just don't think USC should be able to play with us. Obviously if Vandy can beat Bama anything can happen but we're a heavy favorite even on the road.
4.5 pts is a heavy favorite?

We don’t play blue bloods all that frequently outside of OSU and UM.

What’s Franklin’s record vs blue bloods that aren’t ranked in the top ten since 2016? 3-0 by my watch.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
With the public money being on PSU and the sharp money being on USC, I am concerned where my head says I shouldn’t be.

We don’t play blue bloods all that frequently outside of OSU and UM.

What’s Franklin’s record vs blue bloods that aren’t ranked in the top ten since 2016? 3-0 by my watch.
Oh my....reality... So rare, so coveted. Thank You for that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT