ADVERTISEMENT

Seeding Question

NittanyChris

Dec 3, 2001
For the sake of argument, let’s say Parris edges out Kerk at the Big Tens. Colton Schultz goes undefeated in the weak PAC-12 after missing matches vs BOTH Kerk AND Parris. Is Schultz seeded #2 ahead of both Kerk and Parris?

For the sake of argument, let’s say Parris edges out Kerk at the Big Tens. Colton Schultz goes undefeated in the weak PAC-12 after missing matches vs BOTH Kerk AND Parris. Is Schultz seeded #2 ahead of both Kerk and Parris?
If Parris beats Kerk and places 2nd at Big Tens… I bet he’s the 2 seed but then Schultz is prob 3 and Kerk goes on Gable’s side of the bracket.

Reactions: donboy6499
I wouldn't overlook Cassiopi. At Carver for Kerk's match he's still a player here.

Reactions: therod
I wouldn't overlook Cassiopi. At Carver for Kerk's match he's still a player here.
For the sake of discussion, let’s say Kerk beats Cass. Do you believe the committee rewards Schultz despite his missing Parris and Kerk?

For the sake of discussion, let’s say Kerk beats Cass. Do you believe the committee rewards Schultz despite his missing Parris and Kerk?
Hard to say. By the time NCAAs roll around Kerk will likely have faced either Cass, or Parris again, maybe both. If he has two wins and keeps it close with Gable.....

I mean in this case a 2 seed and 3 seed are pretty close. Just avoid the 4 right?

Reactions: hlstone
Undefeated Schultz will be rewarded. History has shown it, and Zeke knows this. Keeping Schultz undefeated was his plan to keep him out of Gables side at NCAA.

Then again, When Kerk beats Gable at Big Tens, Schultz will get in Gables bracket anyway. ;)
At some point the seeding committee will have to put an end to this. I thought they have a couple of times now?
If Kerk goes to NCAAs with his only loss to GS then it's a crime to not put him at 2.

Why did you have to ruin my morning with your question?! :)

That sneaky prick Zeke Jones. I’ll never forget watching big Shultz all warmed up, headgear on and ready to go. Then you see the midget Jones push him back in the locker room like the bitch he is. With his little plan on how to duck Kerk and then Parris

Hard to say. By the time NCAAs roll around Kerk will likely have faced either Cass, or Parris again, maybe both. If he has two wins and keeps it close with Gable.....

I mean in this case a 2 seed and 3 seed are pretty close. Just avoid the 4 right?
If he loses to Gable at bigs I hope he is the four. I want to see Kerk and Gable in the finals and Kerk will win that one just based on our coaching superiority

Yes, if he has 3 losses and Schultz is unbeaten.

Also 2 vs 3 does not matter at all -- there is Steveson, then the other 4 world champs, and then everybody else. Nobody will care about having to face the 6 vs 7 seed in the quarters, it's all about being opposite Steveson.

One hitch with Schultz: his last match this year is Jordan Wood. He will be favored but it's hardly a gimme. Wood won't get bullied around for 7 min, which is basically Schultz's MO.

And one hitch with Parris: he's the 4 seed at B10s if Cass beats Kerk.

Yes, if he has 3 losses and Schultz is unbeaten.

Also 2 vs 3 does not matter at all -- there is Steveson, then the other 4 world champs, and then everybody else. Nobody will care about having to face the 6 vs 7 seed in the quarters, it's all about being opposite Steveson.

One hitch with Schultz: his last match this year is Jordan Wood. He will be favored but it's hardly a gimme. Wood won't get bullied around for 7 min, which is basically Schultz's MO.

And one hitch with Parris: he's the 4 seed at B10s if Cass beats Kerk.
More important than 2 vs 3, to me, is that Zeke's move to have his boy miss Kerk and Parris could potentially be rewarded by the Seeding Committee. Seems ludicrous and needs to be addressed somehow.

More important than 2 vs 3, to me, is that Zeke's move to have his boy miss Kerk and Parris could potentially be rewarded by the Seeding Committee. Seems ludicrous and needs to be addressed somehow.
That's true only if he would've lost to both, which we'll never know.

At this moment in the time it should be

1. Steveson
2. Kerk
3. Parris
4. Schultz
5. Cass
I'd be a-OK with...
1. Stevenson
2. Kerk
3. Schultz
4. Parris
5. Cass
A Parris vs Cass QF sounds good to me.

I'd be a-OK with...
1. Stevenson
2. Kerk
3. Schultz
4. Parris
5. Cass
A Parris vs Cass QF sounds good to me.
Cass isn’t making the finals either way. If he loses in the quarters he will wrestle back to to at least the 5th place match but most likely the 3rd place match.

Reactions: hlstone
Ant the Champ had to face Gable in the semis. Would hate to see Gable lose in the semis again 😲

Reactions: Dogwelder
There is an algorithm for this, but can’t check it now. I will say that Coaches Ranking and RPI play a part, which we won’t know until the final ones after conference tournaments.

Then again, When Kerk beats Gable at Big Tens, Schultz will get in Gables bracket anyway. ;)

tumblr_mtbzwdcPbP1qgeokxo1_400.gifv

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Yes, though Elam and Wood are on the horizon, and he may get Traub at PAC-12's. Lose any of those and his chances lessen.

The criteria starts with HTH, which didn't happen. Next are Quality Wins (B1G guys will have better and more), Coaches Rank (??? unknown), Conference Finish (Schultz's should be higher), Common Opponents (there will be none), Win % (??? right now) and RPI (will likely favor Schultz if he wins out).

It would be better to have this discussion after the regular season is over because so much can happen; we need more facts. I will say that Schultz beating both Elam and Wood surely gets him #2 if he wins the PAC-12 in the scenario that you present.

Reactions: GogglesPaizano
Yes, though Elam and Wood are on the horizon, and he may get Traub at PAC-12's. Lose any of those and his chances lessen.

The criteria starts with HTH, which didn't happen. Next are Quality Wins (B1G guys will have better and more), Coaches Rank (??? unknown), Conference Finish (Schultz's should be higher), Common Opponents (there will be none), Win % (??? right now) and RPI (will likely favor Schultz if he wins out).

It would be better to have this discussion after the regular season is over because so much can happen; we need more facts. I will say that Schultz beating both Elam and Wood surely gets him #2 if he wins the PAC-12 in the scenario that you present.
Exactly. And exactly what Zeke knows. But…Zeke doesn’t know that Kerk is gonna beat Steveson and Colton is gonna meet Steveson in the semis anyway as the 2 and 3 seed. :)

So if kerk beats cass, then takes 2nd at bg10, could be gable kerk 3rd at bg10 shultz. Where would 4th at bg10 fall into

ADVERTISEMENT