ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Session 3 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

Marinelli wins the minor battles but can never win the war.

The Bull forever goes down to the matador.

Would have preferred the other way this time, and probably the only time (for team race purposes)

Man, I was sort of hoping Marinelli could get one this year, especially since it was becoming obvious that it wouldn't affect PSU. Guess the quarters just kill him!

Michigan just took the team race lead. It's a 3 team race. Michigan, PSU and ASU.
I tend to think Iowa is done: Murin and Marinelli lose in QF.

• Sad
Reactions: backdrft76
Remember when collecting the 50 state quarters was a big thing a few years ago? I bet Alex and Moriah will not allow those or any other quarters in their house.

• Haha
Reactions: nitlion6 and Ski
no defending that. losing patience with this staff.
Not sure I would pin Marinelli on the staff. They can only prepare him so much, he needs to go out and actually wrestle and it’s clear he’s mentally not up for the moment

174 lb Quarterfinal
1 C Starocci vs 9 M Labriola

CStar reaches for a single. There’s a scramble, he gains upper hand but then things go the other way. Hangs on for the stalemate. Wrestling with wrist and thumb wrapped. CStar trying to get to legs but Labriola is game. 0-0 after one.

CStar takes bottom. Caution on Labriola. CStar to his feet and Labriola has to give it up. CStar shoots and this time gets the finish. 3-0 now. Riding. Has a loose arm bar. Now a tight arm bar. Working on top; not just riding. 3-0 after two with 1:27 RT.

Labriola chooses bottom. Labriola gets to his feet and whizzers, they’re on the ma but Labriola gets back to feet keeping the Whizzer and earns an escape. 3-1. RT is at 1:54. Now secured. CStar engaging, but defensive. Shoots off a Labriola half shot and finishes! 5-1!!! It ends 6-1!!! On to the semifinals!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT