ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Session 3 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

Beau’s path to AA will have to go through the 2-Seed Wilson now.

149 self destructing was good for us. no "offense" to beau but that blood bath is helpful to the team

Beau’s path to AA will have to go through the 2-Seed Wilson now.
I know I'm the only one, but I think that's better than Lovett.

I know many will point out to BB's "almost" TD against him, but I don't see BB taking down Lovett if you gave him 70 minutes instead of 7.

If BB can hold off Wilson early and take him deep into the match, he's got a chance. But let's see him get by Thomas first, which will be a tall order for him.

We got to run the table in these next four QF matches to put some distance on other teams.

Reactions: mcpat
I know I'm the only one, but I think that's better than Lovett.

I know many will point out to BB's "almost" TD against him, but I don't see BB taking down Lovett if you gave him 70 minutes instead of 7.

If BB can hold off Wilson early and take him deep into the match, he's got a chance. But let's see him get by Thomas first, which will be a tall order for him.
not to mention Wilson may be fazed by this recent loss. if BB could get up early Tariq could just mail it in.

but hes got to get there first......

Love Gomez's attitude, Down late and went for a big move at the end, didn't care if he lost by pin or by decision.
Realistically, that's the way the national tournament should be. At this point, a loss is a loss. You're not saving points, not trying for a better seed. You're either still going to consi bracket or you pull off a miracle win.

I wonder if willits even drills takedowns in practice....if he balloons up after college could have a career in sumo

149 lb Consi Round 2
13 B Bartlett vs 19 Y Thomas

Nothing after a minute. YT got to a leg maybe a bit easier than I’d like but Bartlett houdinis out on a flip roll after spending 20 secs with his leg high up in the air. 0-0 after one.

Thomas on bottom. Out in 7 secs. BB takes a couple of shots but unable to do much with either. Thomas works a Russian tie to BB’s leg and gets a finish. 3-0 Thomas. Come on Beau! BB escapes. 3-1 now. 3-1 after two. RT not a factor.

BB on bottom. Needs a quick escape. Up but returned then up again and out. 3-2. Thomas again gets to BB’s leg, gets behind, gets BB to mat and it’s 5-2. BB escapes. 5-3. Thomas shoots again but BB stops it. 30 secs now. Thomas again gets to a single. It ends 5-3. Beau’s tournament is over.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT