ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Session 3 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

Ragusin with a really tough bloodround match with Byrd tonight. Beat him for third at B1Gs in a really tight match.

Reactions: mcpat
I said I would laugh as Eierman loses in March (I assumed it'd be to Nick in the finals) after he declared he was coming back but instead I teared up a bit for him. If you told me he wouldn't AA, I would say I would have laughed even harder. I guess him saying "It should have been way worse" after Big Tens didn't sit right with me and he is a bit of a trash talker on Twitter. That being said, obviously none of that ACTUALLY makes him a bad person by any means (I'm sure he's actually a great one)

Seeing him in pain just and pushing through anyways completely changed my stance, this sport is very humanizing. I hope he has speedy and complete recoveries.

PSU and Mich Tonight:

125:
1 Suriano vs 4 Courtney; SF

133:
1 RBY vs 5 ADS; SF
6 Ragusin vs 7 Byrd; BR

141:
1 NLee vs 4 Woods; SF
24 Micic vs 12 Composto; BR

157:
8 Lewan vs 5 Monday; SF

165:
6 Amine vs 2 O’Toole; SF

174:
1 Starocci vs 4 Hidlay; SF
3 Massa vs 2 Lewis; SF

184:
1 Amine vs 5 Traux; SF
2 Brooks vs 3 Hidlay; SF

197:
1 Dean vs 21 Hoffman; SF

285:
4 Kerkvliet vs 1 Steveson; SF
7 Parris vs 13 Orndorff; BR

If Composto can beat Micic and Byrd can beat Lewan tonight in the blood round, then PSU and Mich will have the same number of AAs.

Reactions: Hazy_Davey
Reich's Cafe Sign, Vintage Metal Sign, Advertising Art, Iowa City Iowa 97X 48

I'm not an Eireman fan, but I don't think that is remotely fair to him.
Not sure why you translate Iowa to equal Eierman, I'm not talking about Eierman specifically, I'm talking about Iowa going 0-3 against Michigan. Eierman is obviously hurt, unfortunate circumstance/timing that he gives a free 2 points to Michigan. He of course didn't give away free points in his first 3 matches. Marinelli losing to Amine didn't help one bit and shouldn't have happened. Young, toss-up, not surprising there. Would have been nice to have had Iowa win at least 1 of those. Guys the boys will just have to do it themselves.

Penn State's record in the NCAA semifinals under Cael is insanely good. Anyone have the stats? It's crazy good. Something like 90 percent or more.

133 Let it fly. Don't make us watch another tight 3-2 match. Or some stall happy, closet Iowa fan ref decide the match.

174 Survive and advance.

197 Right the ship and grab bonus.

285 Let it fly. Has the tools to at least challenge Gable.

Prediciton is 5-1. Most of all come out heathy.

And can someone take out some Michigan wrestlers along the way? Worst part of this is our guys haven't had the chance to put the brakes on their run.

Interesting that 4 of PSU's 6 opponents tonight in the semi's are PA born and raised.
- DeSanto -- Exeter
- Hidlays -- Mifflin Cty
- Hoffman -- Montoursville

And I am sure most if not all, wanted to wrestle for Cael. . . . .

Some stats from another forum (compliments of GoStanford18):

Misc. notes:
- Nine 1-seeds made it to the semis
- Only two weights went chalk (125 & 174)
- 21-seed Goffman (tOSU) @ 197lbs is the lowest seeded wrestler to advance to the semis followed by 15-seed Kizhan Clarke (UNC) @ 141lbs.
- Still only two weights (157 & 197--true before the tournament) are guaranteed to produce a new NCAA Champion.
- Cohlton Schultz (ASU) is still the current leading tournament scorer with 13.5 points (3 wins; 2 falls, 1 decision) followed by Real Woods (STAN) with 12.5 points (3 wins; 2 majors, 1 TF-1.5)
- Penn State has the most wrestlers still in the championship bracket (6)
- Michigan has the most wrestlers still in the tournament (8)
- of the 40 remaining semifinalists, 18 hail from the Big 10 Conference
- of the 40 remaining semifinalists, 15 are former NCAA finalists (i.e., have placed top 2)
- of the 40 remaining semifinalists, only 8 have never been an All-American (Woods, Matthews, Clarke, Andonian, Lovett, Lewan, Monday, and Goffman)
- 3 of the semifinalists at 141 are first time All-Americans
- All 4 remaining 174lbers have placed 3rd or higher in past NCAA Championships, 3 of them being finalists, and the top 2-seeds being former NCAA Champions.

Reactions: kevin310
Iowa's blood round draws look reasonable
Murin vs Millner
Marinelli vs Conigliaro
Kemerer vs O'Malley
Cassioppi vs Elam

Reactions: wrestlinPSU
They better call Hidlay for his backing up bs. He avoided Munoz for half the match
They aren't going to call him. A kid moves back and away for 6.5 minutes and no call,l from the clown squad. In the final 30 seconds the same clown will then stall warn the kid who was moving forward for 6.5 minutes as soon as the kid takes his second step backwards.

They aren't going to call him. A kid moves back and away for 6.5 minutes and no call,l from the clown squad. In the final 30 seconds the same clown will then stall warn the kid who was moving forward for 6.5 minutes as soon as the kid takes his second step backwards.

He wrestles the edge and actually I do thing they call him. The whining on here is hilarious as if the whole world is against us. Did you not see the two Dean matches??? We got the benefit of the doubt big time. At least have some perspective.

Reactions: dsites52
AB just needs to be patient like he was with Romero. Get the 1st TD and then make Hidlay do some work

Reactions: goldenanimal
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT