ADVERTISEMENT

Signing off, guys

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Well it was fun while it lasted, which for me was, I don't know, 4 or 5 years.

But in recent weeks, it's become clear that a new regime of censorship has been instituted here. In fact, they just deleted the thoughtful (and mostly respectful) exchange I've been having with Fish on the topic of LGBTQ. This comes on the heels of at least two other deleted threads...no reason given.

So why did they delete this latest one? Who knows. But there appear to be no rules...just the whims and biases of the censors...and their whims and biases appear to run in one political direction only. Big surprise. In any case, I have no interest in playing their rigged game. (I mean, seriously, even Tom allowed a vigorous back-and-forth -- like, 6 pages worth -- on the topic of LGBTQ when Carl Nassib came out.)

Fortunately, I've got some other options for a place to discuss and vent...some substacks I've recently been posting on.

Meanwhile, they say that if you think you'll be missed, get a bucket of water, put your foot in it, then take your foot out -- the hole that's left will be about as much as you'll be missed.

Even so, I've enjoyed my membership on the conservative team here. To my fellow conservatives, God bless you all. To some of the libs, the sane ones, no hard feelings...but quit messing up our country with your misguided ideas.

To the board censors, well, it would be best not to air my sentiments in plain English. Anyway, they'll be along to delete this too in short order. They're clearly threatened by the concept of free speech. So they haul out their trusty censorship tool. It's what Dem-Mediacrats do. It's all they've got now...even on an obscure, low-traffic message board like this.

That aside, to everyone in general, in the words of an Irish farewell: May the road rise up to meet you; may the wind be ever at your back, and may you arrive at Heaven's gate before the devil realizes you're gone!

Peace. Out...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News