ADVERTISEMENT

Skip Bayless...

LionDeNittany

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Since it's all over sports news... the Skip Bayless tweet.

Which part of this tweet is confusing?
Who can explain how this is outrageous for him to say everything is irrelevant except this man's health?

"No doubt the NFL is considering postponing the rest of this game - but how? This late in the season, a game of this magnitude is crucial to the regular-season outcome ... which suddenly seems so irrelevant."

Who can explain how this is outrageous for him to say everything is irrelevant except this man's health?

"No doubt the NFL is considering postponing the rest of this game - but how? This late in the season, a game of this magnitude is crucial to the regular-season outcome ... which suddenly seems so irrelevant."
It was probably ill timed because honestly nobody knew what was going on. What you are seeing now is the cancel culture hawks coming out of the wood work. Again, you don't like what he tweeted then dont follow him.

The guy is a complete douchebag but there was nothing wrong with the tweet.

It was probably ill timed because honestly nobody knew what was going on. What you are seeing now is the cancel culture hawks coming out of the wood work. Again, you don't like what he tweeted then dont follow him.

The guy is a complete douchebag but there was nothing wrong with the tweet.

Perhaps.
I don't follow sports entertainment. Never seen him, just know his schtick is to be a jerk.

LdN

Reactions: bourbon n blues
I could care less if they would cancel the rest of the NFL season.

That aside, I see nothing wrong with his tweet. As they say, “the show must go on”

90% of the people that yelled prayed for DH are probably against school prayer. Social media allows people to be hypocrites based on what makes them look great and increases their woke level. Skip was actually thinking literally like...what happens to the game. It was an unprecedented situation so for people to blame Skip is not right.
Hell, Daytona kept driving after the king dies on the track.

90% of the people that yelled prayed for DH are probably against school prayer. Social media allows people to be hypocrites based on what makes them look great and increases their woke level. Skip was actually thinking literally like...what happens to the game. It was an unprecedented situation so for people to blame Skip is not right.

Spot on. Hypocrites, Fools and Fanatics. Every time something happens like this, the masses scream to crucify someone. Give us Barrabas!!!

George Carlin said it best — think about how stupid the average American is. Then think about the fact that 50% of people are stupider than that.

There was nothing wrong with the tweet....do you seriously think that wasn't going through a number of top NFL executives at that time?

They raced the next week as well, right on time.

Perhaps.
I don't follow sports entertainment. Never seen him, just know his schtick is to be a jerk.

LdN
Most of these guys are useless and drive clicks , follows, and viewership by being dickbags. I try to avoid most sports talk. I can find plenty of idiots to spout off about sports in the amateur ranks, I don't think the pros have anything on them.

Bayless is a dancing monkey for his organ-grinder ESPN. That aside, there has to come a point where either we do away with football or move on. I don't mean to be crass.

If a guy got hurt badly OTJ at the battery plant, fell off a ladder or fell over from a cardiac arrest and had to get taken to the hospital, they're not shutting down the plant and sending everybody home. It's not happening. I don't want to sound unfeeling or callous. Of course nobody wants to see a young man in the prime of his life have a life-altering or fatal episode on the field. No sane person does. But what if this happened in week 2? There are other people's livelihoods that need to be considered. Shutting everything down is not going to prevent another incident unless we outlaw football completely. I wouldn't be surprised.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of Skip Bayless at all, but the outrage is from the usual suspects who get all emotional at the drop of a hat.

Personally, I think they ought to declare a tie for the Buffalo-Cincy game. There are key playoff seeding ramifications from doing that, but it is an unprecedented situation.

After that, the league could either: a) tell Buffalo that they have to play next Sunday or forfeit; or b) give the entire league this coming week off, postpone the playoffs by a week, and remove the week off between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl. I think the NFL should go with option b) out of respect for the situation. But I'm not sure they will do that.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Karma. He threw Paterno under the bus and is now getting his dose.

Reactions: MacNit07
Don’t forget ‘skip’ Is the same guy that floated a rumor that Troy Aikmam was gay. How soon the media forgets and will condemn anyone else but not themselves

Agreed. I'm not a fan of Skip Bayless at all, but the outrage is from the usual suspects who get all emotional at the drop of a hat.

Personally, I think they ought to declare a tie for the Buffalo-Cincy game. There are key playoff seeding ramifications from doing that, but it is an unprecedented situation.

After that, the league could either: a) tell Buffalo that they have to play next Sunday or forfeit; or b) give the entire league this coming week off, postpone the playoffs by a week, and remove the week off between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl. I think the NFL should go with option b) out of respect for the situation. But I'm not sure they will do that.
I agree about the tie--I believe that should be an easy decision.
The second part is much more complicated. I'm leaning toward option A even though that basically gives NE a free spot in the playoffs which I don't think they'd get if they actually had to beat Buffalo. I just can't see them pushing things back a week. I think they're already "frustrated" with having to postpone/cancel the game Monday. I know it's stupid but don't underestimate the impact that had on gamblers and fantasy football. ESPN is scrambling to figure out how to handle it.

Reactions: NewEra 2014
So you are essentially communicating that some issues that transcend the NFL money machine culture simply reflect "woke" thinking. I've finally figured out something --- the more frequently an individual uses the term "woke" is directly inverse to both their intelligence level and their ability to understand complex issues. I'm no fan of Skip Bayless, but your comment re "woke" lost me.

So you are essentially communicating that some issues that transcend the NFL money machine culture simply reflect "woke" thinking. I've finally figured out something --- the more frequently an individual uses the term "woke" is directly inverse to both their intelligence level and their ability to understand complex issues. I'm no fan of Skip Bayless, but your comment re "woke" lost me.
Wow. Awesome post.

Bayless is a dancing monkey for his organ-grinder ESPN. That aside, there has to come a point where either we do away with football or move on. I don't mean to be crass.

If a guy got hurt badly OTJ at the battery plant, fell off a ladder or fell over from a cardiac arrest and had to get taken to the hospital, they're not shutting down the plant and sending everybody home. It's not happening. I don't want to sound unfeeling or callous. Of course nobody wants to see a young man in the prime of his life have a life-altering or fatal episode on the field. No sane person does. But what if this happened in week 2? There are other people's livelihoods that need to be considered. Shutting everything down is not going to prevent another incident unless we outlaw football completely. I wouldn't be surprised.
They will resume the season and no the NFL is not getting banned (I know you are not suggesting that). They also will figure out this Bengals vs Bills question on what to do. It is a tragedy what happened but unfortunately tragic events happen every day, this one is just so public. I really hope and pray this young man makes a full recovery.

As for Bayless, he is an utter tool. It would not surprise me for him to tweet some dumb a$$ thing at an inappropriate time. He just takes dumb as a$$ points of view to get viewers or clicks or whatever. I know he hates LeBron but loves Brady and his counterpart Shannon Sharpe is the opposite. I think it probably is all staged by the producers at Fox, they tell them to play it up for viewers and entertainment.

They also will figure out this Bengals vs Bills question on what to do.
Yes it is a tragedy. It may or not be a very real life changing incident. THey're not going to replay the game. The playoffs start next week and they're talking about erasing week 18. Why not erase week 1-17? I'm serious. If this week is irrelevant why isn't every other week irrelevant? This is absurd.

I remember a WWE event where a guy fell off a wire and died. Nobody wants anyone to die but there is precedent on this among many sports. People mourn and feel horrible and move on. Either outlaw football or lace them up.

Nobody wants life-changing or life-ending incidents. At best you move the games around after this week. This talk of cancelling week 18 is beyond ridiculous.

There are 16 games a week in sold out NFL stadiums. You can't tell me nobody (let's say 1.4 million people in live venues) has a cardiac incident in the stands. Nobody hears about it. I bet a lot of people passed away at Beaver.

Life goes on. Life is for the living. My opinion only. But I don't know how canceling games saves anyone from the inevitable.

Yes it is a tragedy. It may or not be a very real life changing incident. THey're not going to replay the game. The playoffs start next week and they're talking about erasing week 18. Why not erase week 1-17? I'm serious. If this week is irrelevant why isn't every other week irrelevant? This is absurd.

I remember a WWE event where a guy fell off a wire and died. Nobody wants anyone to die but there is precedent on this among many sports. People mourn and feel horrible and move on. Either outlaw football or lace them up.

Nobody wants life-changing or life-ending incidents. At best you move the games around after this week. This talk of cancelling week 18 is beyond ridiculous.

There are 16 games a week in sold out NFL stadiums. You can't tell me nobody (let's say 1.4 million people in live venues) has a cardiac incident in the stands. Nobody hears about it. I bet a lot of people passed away at Beaver.

Life goes on. Life is for the living. My opinion only. But I don't know how canceling games saves anyone from the inevitable.
No games will be cancelled beyond the one that has been so far.

Reactions: WaylonJ
They raced the next week as well, right on time.
It's a sport (used to be) where the possibility of getting killed was in play. Every Sunday. Indy drivers still live with it. Guy at your local dirt track too. Guy at the convenience store and the guy at the factory. Every cop, soldier, sailor, airman, marine and firefighter and EMS. None of these people are on national tv. Two volunteer guys just got killed in a fire around Tamaqua. If the siren goes off tonight, guys like this they're running out.

Last edited:
Reactions: SR108
Oh, the irony.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT