ADVERTISEMENT

Snap counts vs WVa

bdgan

May 29, 2008
This is what I found interesting:

OL starters played a lot of snaps but others of note include Rucci (11), Cousins (12), and Williams (10). Rucci is only a backup at this point, Cousins is playing as a freshman, and Williams is starting to contribute. No Birchmeier.

WR Fleming has the second most snaps but no targets. Evans had 31 snaps compared to 18 for Clifford.

DT Alonzo Ford got 22 snaps. He was highly touted before getting hurt. Does he have another year of eligibility due to his injury?

CB Harris got 51 snaps and Kimber had 46. Miller was well behind with 23

This is what I found interesting:

OL starters played a lot of snaps but others of note include Rucci (11), Cousins (12), and Williams (10). Rucci is only a backup at this point, Cousins is playing as a freshman, and Williams is starting to contribute. No Birchmeier.

WR Fleming has the second most snaps but no targets. Evans had 31 snaps compared to 18 for Clifford.

DT Alonzo Ford got 22 snaps. He was highly touted before getting hurt. Does he have another year of eligibility due to his injury?

CB Harris got 51 snaps and Kimber had 46. Miller was well behind with 23
do you have a link?

hard to discern meaningful snaps versus mop up and/or special teams snaps. Having said that,

Rapp with a lot of participation, and Reynolds played

Both S played 59 snaps. Wow.

We established a lot of experience and contributed to depth down the road.

I had read Birchmeier was behind the others so no surprise. Not sure he will get to be a starter at some point in his career. How many years of eligibility does he have left?

Williams and Cousins are cornerstones for our future at OL. Big time recruits who hopefully develop into stars for us.

Fleming is a starter so hopefully he gets some targets. I know you said he wasn't getting separation but I'm not believing that he can't at this point.

I saw Ford in a lot. He is good against the run (at least that is what I read when he transferred here) and a big body.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT