ADVERTISEMENT

So a trip to LSU and then a trip to the Rose Bowl? Are you not entertained?

saturdaysarebetter2

Nov 18, 2022
K2wO0sE.jpg

4XUfaLl.gif

4 Big Ten
4 SEC
All SEC/Big Ten Final 4
Sounds about right. Iowa is getting a lot of love because of their schedule
I'd be happy with this for sure...a playoff birth with a road win would be phenomenal

Miami at 3 is an all time joke.
They aren't 3--they just win the ACC and are higher than Utah
The top 10 in this scenario is probably
1 Oregon
2 Alabama
3 Ohio State
4 Georgia
5 Ole Miss

with LSU, Penn State, Miami, Virginia Tech and Utah rounding out the top 10. Iowa might even be 10 with Utah just being the best of a mediocre Big XII

Miami at 3 is an all time joke.
Lets see...

• FL
  • FL A&M
  • Ball State
  • South Fl
  • VT
  • Cal
  • Louisville
  • FSU
  • Duke
  • GA Tech
  • Wake Forest
  • Syracuse
Their tough games are FL and FSU. It's possible but it is hard to believe they'd be ranked higher than tOSU and GA.

Reactions: bison13
Lets see...

• FL
  • FL A&M
  • Ball State
  • South Fl
  • VT
  • Cal
  • Louisville
  • FSU
  • Duke
  • GA Tech
  • Wake Forest
  • Syracuse
Their tough games are FL and FSU. It's possible but it is hard to believe they'd be ranked higher than tOSU and GA.
Ohio State and Georgia don't win their conference in this scenario and can't be 3

Reactions: lazydave841
Lets see...

• FL
  • FL A&M
  • Ball State
  • South Fl
  • VT
  • Cal
  • Louisville
  • FSU
  • Duke
  • GA Tech
  • Wake Forest
  • Syracuse
That's because OSU and GA wouldn't be conference champions based on his prediction so Miami is automatically seeded higher than them as the ACC champ. Which of course makes no sense whatsoever.

That's because OSU and GA wouldn't be conference champions based on his prediction so Miami is automatically seeded higher than them as the ACC champ. Which of course makes no sense whatsoever.
It's kind of a Catch 22.

If you 'slot' the system with defined conference outcomes receiving automatic seedings, it takes some of the subjectivity away from the selection and seeding process.

The NFL sometimes has wild card teams with better records than division champions, but the formula dictates who plays whom and where.

Subjectivity can be a double edged sword if those in the decision making process are agenda driven....

Reactions: summitlion1
It's kind of a Catch 22.

If you 'slot' the system with defined conference outcomes receiving automatic seedings, it takes some of the subjectivity away from the selection and seeding process.

The NFL sometimes has wild card teams with better records than division champions, but the formula dictates who plays whom and where.

Subjectivity can be a double edged sword if those in the decision making process are agenda driven....
I don't see why you can't have the conference champs automatically 'in' but just seeded by the committee. We need to see how it plays out. I think when the Big Ten and SEC start to lose out on home playoff games to lesser champs from the ACC and Big 12 we'll see a change.

Reactions: psu00 and bison13
I don't see why you can't have the conference champs automatically 'in' but just seeded by the committee. We need to see how it plays out. I think when the Big Ten and SEC start to lose out on home playoff games to lesser champs from the ACC and Big 12 we'll see a change.
If anything it helps the Big/SEC get home games. 5-8 get home games. More SEC/BIG teams will be there cause the can’t be higher

I can picture it now. We end up a 5/6 seed and get a similar path the first 2 rounds as OSU/UGA have here. Beat a 2/3 loss P5 team that had a weak schedule or the G5 qualifier in round one and a 2/3 loss Big 12 or ACC champ in round 2. Followed by a loss to the Big Ten or SEC Champ in the final four (I realize Georgia wins in the hypothetical posted). And Franklin Sucks posts will dominate the interweb.

Reactions: bison13
I can picture it now. We end up a 5/6 seed and get a similar path the first 2 rounds as OSU/UGA have here. Beat a 2/3 loss P5 team that had a weak schedule or the G5 qualifier in round one and a 2/3 loss Big 12 or ACC champ in round 2. Followed by a loss to the Big Ten or SEC Champ in the final four (I realize Georgia wins in the hypothetical posted). And Franklin Sucks posts will dominate the interweb.
If we win win a playoff game and anyone complains its time to laugh at them and move on. That's a step forward...2 steps actually

Reactions: RickinDayton
A tad premature, according to a lot of the talking heads, TOSU and UG have accumulated the most impressive talent ever assembled on a college football field. Not sure why we even need to play any games, just let them play it out.

I'll take that scenario, a final four berth would mean Franklin actually won some big games against top 12 teams.

Interesting info-graphic showing how college football teams ranked in number of all-time bowl appearances by year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT