ADVERTISEMENT

so Spanier just filed or amended defamation suit against Freeh

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
monday. I can't keep track so perhaps someone can add color. Crazy times.

Graham Spanier brought forth a defamation action in his second amended complaint against Louis Freeh on Monday. An official trial will be held in Pennsylvania, according to court documents..

Former Penn State President Spanier has accused former FBI Director Freeh of using a nationally televised press conference for defamatory statements against Spanier.

In the complaint, Spanier also said a press release followed on Feb. 13, 2013, expanding on the defamatory statements and report about Spanier.

According to court documents, Freeh made these statements found in the press release and press conference as “intentionally, willfully, maliciously and in conscious disregard of Dr. Spanier’s right and reputation, and also of the truth.”

Spanier’s attorneys said Freeh made these defamatory statements with knowledge of falsity with reckless disregard for the truth. Court documents said these statements have been repeated on multiple media platforms and a reasonable person would be able to recognize them as defamatory.

As previously reported by the Daily Collegian, Penn State hired Freeh to issue an investigation into the culpability of Penn State in the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse case​

well...it was just an opinion!!!

As I said in another thread, it seems Spanier's "good lawyers" were focused on this civil trial for $$$$ and the B-team was running this criminal defense. I hope it works for him, but ...

seems like a wideout with a big catch who looks towards the endzone instead of making sure the ball's secure first.

Reactions: Obliviax
As I said in another thread, it seems Spanier's "good lawyers" were focused on this civil trial for $$$$ and the B-team was running this criminal defense. I hope it works for him, but ...

seems like a wideout with a big catch who looks towards the endzone instead of making sure the ball's secure first.

I think they know they will win on appeal if they lose this case because the state did not prove anything with their weak a$$ presentation. With that said why put anything out there that could hurt your case if your the defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT