ADVERTISEMENT

So this past Friday I tried to visit this site but the URL had changed

republion

Mar 24, 2009
Did anyone at Rivals make an announcement on the board letting everyone know the URL was changing? I had to ask folks on TOS and they graciously informed me of the new URL. I mean, why would you change your URL without informing your visitors?

Did anyone at Rivals make an announcement on the board letting everyone know the URL was changing? I had to ask folks on TOS and they graciously informed me of the new URL. I mean, why would you change your URL without informing your visitors?
Same. I saw your post on the other site so thank you for that. I was surprised they kept that thread up and didn’t delete it

Last edited:
Same. I saw your post on the other site so thank you for that. I was surprised they kept it up
I'm shocked at the comments over there about the posters on this site. We all used to be a community and now that the sites split up you would swear the people left over here are complete trash. Disappointing but nothing surprises me anymore.
And they should know neither site is a shadow of what used to be.

I'm shocked at the comments over there about the posters on this site. We all used to be a community and now that the sites split up you would swear the people left over here are complete trash. Disappointing but nothing surprises me anymore.
I haven’t looked. I did get a kick out of the Uber woke exploiting teenage girls and pretending like this didn’t count as exploitation for some reason. I miss those days!

I haven’t looked. I did get a kick out of the Uber woke exploiting teenage girls and pretending like this didn’t count as exploitation for some reason. I miss those days!
Those that migrated to that site do appear to be a certain type. They are either sexually frustrated such that they feel the need to have multiple threads objectifying women and pages and pages of mostly naked women while simultaneously claiming to be supporters of women's rights. Or they enjoy McAndrew's protection of political posting for one team with full censorship for anyone who argues against those political postings.

Here, we seem more respectful of women (as much as a board comprised of 90+% men could be) and tolerant of different political positions allowing those with different opinions to voice those views without one-sided censorship.

I enjoyed the old board, but there were certainly things about it that I did not like. Tom had a very pretty passive aggressive way of making sure views that he supported were the correct views and others not tolerated. He certainly leaned to one side. It was his sandbox and right to do that, and I played by his rules. Not saying I enjoyed that…

I don’t miss some of the big ego guys who loved to show you how smart they were and engage in battles over the dumbest stuff. I’m sure those are the posters that have a lot to say about this site. The sexual objectification of women by some posters on the old site was a little bit strange and puzzling. Tom tolerated that and fostered a boys will be boys culture with that. I assume that goes on now on Tom’s site.

I was on the site and really didn’t see the value of being on two sites. Just not enough time or desire. I can get all the PSU articles I need on Yahoo sports which picks up almost all PSU outlets, national, AP, etc. and other sites I’ve saved. It looks like most of the posters who I enjoyed stayed here.

Almost as bad as trying to convince everyone that this board was going away forever and that you had to go to the other one.

Reactions: republion
I enjoyed the old board, but there were certainly things about it that I did not like. Tom had a very pretty passive aggressive way of making sure views that he supported were the correct views and others not tolerated. He certainly leaned to one side. It was his sandbox and right to do that, and I played by his rules. Not saying I enjoyed that…

I don’t miss some of the big ego guys who loved to show you how smart they were and engage in battles over the dumbest stuff. I’m sure those are the posters that have a lot to say about this site. The sexual objectification of women by some posters on the old site was a little bit strange and puzzling. Tom tolerated that and fostered a boys will be boys culture with that. I assume that goes on now on Tom’s site.

I was on the site and really didn’t see the value of being on two sites. Just not enough time or desire. I can get all the PSU articles I need on Yahoo sports which picks up almost all PSU outlets, national, AP, etc. and other sites I’ve saved. It looks like most of the posters who I enjoyed stayed here.
Screw him, I’m glad the sites have split.

Reactions: bison13
Let's be honest. Lord McA is trash - nothing more than a petty tyrant of an unpaid message board - that threatened anyone he disagreed with and ignored transgressions from anyone he liked. This doesn't surprise me.

Let's be honest. Lord McA is trash - nothing more than a petty tyrant of an unpaid message board - that threatened anyone he disagreed with and ignored transgressions from anyone he liked. This doesn't surprise me.
Generally speaking, if you are confident in your ideas then you are OK with debate. Those who know that their ideas are too weak to stand up to scrutiny often try to silence any contrary views, criticism, or debate. I personally am OK with being corrected or shown different ideas. If they are more correct or better in some way than those I currently hold then I have an opportunity to improve. When you are intellectually honest, you prefer to get to truth or improved ideas. That's much better than being always right the first time.

Last edited:
You need to bump that back to the top. Maybe pin it.

ADVERTISEMENT