ADVERTISEMENT

So what did we learn today?

gjbankos

Jan 16, 2006
So what did we learn today? I'm happy we got a win and we got a win against a very good team on the road. We learned quite a bit more than we would've had we played, oh, Pitt...

1. As it does every year, this team goes as far as our OL and DL takes them. I sure do hope we see significant improvement from our OL. Dang that was ugly. DL was better than I thought they'd be. Thank you, transfer portal for our shiny new toy at DE.

2. Have we seen improvement from Clifford 2020? I don't think we have. That first half was happy feet city. Someone on this board posted in the in-game thread that Clifford got a deal with the new footwear company in State College called Happy Feet Slippers. And then we have the overthrow for a sure TD. Yeah, he didn't turn the ball over and our opponent did and ultimately that was the difference in the game. But I have a higher standard for a 10th year Senior than "he didn't turn the ball over."

3. What can we say about RB? See point 1 I guess. We abandoned the run in the 2nd half and it got us a win.

4. TE - I thought I'd see more from them.

5. Defense - do we have a top 10 defense? We might as long as Brisker stays healthy. Quite impressed. Yeah, we gave up yardage on the ground. But we got the key turnovers.

6. Coaching - Nice adjustments at halftime on offense. Feel free to adjust sooner, though. Can't complain at all about the Defense. Herculean effort all around. What was up with that timeout late in the 2nd qtr????

Overall, huge confidence booster for this team and should propel them quite far here. There's some serious holes in this team that need to get patched up, but we should be pleased overall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.