ADVERTISEMENT

So who wins the Heisman this year?

CF LION

May 29, 2001
Seems like no clear cut leader this year. Tua Tagovaila, the sophomore QB from Alabama? Haskins from OSU? Will Grier, the WVU QB? The Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray? QB Gardner Minshew from WSU?

It's hard to overlook Haskins' stats and his performance in their biggest game thus far.

Seems like no clear cut leader this year. Tua Tagovaila, the sophomore QB from Alabama? Haskins from OSU? Will Grier, the WVU QB? The Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray? QB Gardner Minshew from WSU?

It's hard to overlook Haskins' stats and his performance in their biggest game thus far.

No clear leader? Tua wins and it should probably be unanimous. 36 TDs, 2 picks, undefeated, 3189 yards and he rarely took a snap in the fourth quarter. Add 200 rushing yards and 5 more scores.

Haskins & Murray in most years would be in the conversation but not this year

It’s not hard to overlook if you live outside the Big 10 bubble. Tua by a landslide.

Let’s give Winovich the Nagursky award because he’s got long hair and gesticulates a lot and plays for almighty Michigan

No clear leader? Tua wins and it should probably be unanimous. 36 TDs, 2 picks, undefeated, 3189 yards and he rarely took a snap in the fourth quarter. Add 200 rushing yards and 5 more scores.

I'd have no issues with Tua but Haskin's #'s are very comparable - 42 passing TD's, 4081 yards with only 7 interceptions and another 4 TD's rushing.

Here are the stats to date:

Tua: 3,189 yards, 36 TDs, 2 INTs

Murray: 3,674 yards, 37 TDs, 7 INTs

Haskins: 4,003 yards, 41 TDs, 7 INTs

Grier: 3,864 yards, 37 TDs, 8 INTs

Haskins: 4,477 yards, 36 TDs, 9 INTs

Tua throws a nice long ball. However, I have never seen a more relaxed QB because he knows time is not a factor for him. Oh, receivers are so open with dbs hardly ever on the screen that I thought Alabama had moved to the Big 12.

It’s not hard to overlook if you live outside the Big 10 bubble. Tua by a landslide.

Let’s give Winovich the Nagursky award because he’s got long hair and gesticulates a lot and plays for almighty Michigan
I’m already prepping myself for gross matos getting screwed over for some all big ten recognition in lieu of winovich.

I'd have no issues with Tua but Haskin's #'s are very comparable - 42 passing TD's, 4081 yards with only 7 interceptions and another 4 TD's rushing.

Eye test
Haskins did just about all he could to lose against us, but we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Haskins' stats were deceptive against Penn State
8709376.jpg

I’m already prepping myself for gross matos getting screwed over for some all big ten recognition in lieu of winovich.
Agree. Here are some numbers:

Gross-Matos 20 Tackles for Loss 8 sacks
Winovich 14.5 Tackles for Loss 4 Sacks
Willekens Mich State 21 Tackles for Loss 8.5 sacks

Haskins threw an ugly interception that sealed OSUs loss to Purdue.... Tua has no equivalent
fubar

Reactions: acg116
It's a shame Saquon didn't stick around, not only would PSU likely have beaten OSU and MSU, he would likely be the front runner for the Heisman. I guess he will have to settle for fame and fortune.

whoa! I didn't realize the MSU kid was that productive. But neither him nor matos have the revenge tour :)

Reactions: royboy
BTW: From the "What a Difference a Year Makes" Category:

Browning
Bosa (for non-controllable reasons)
Gary
Gaskin
Taylor (just because his team crapped the bed)
Oliver
Love
McSorley (sadly)

Yeah, team mention for the Badgers.
Tons of pre-season hype including 4 1st Team All-Americans, and they go 7-5 capped off by a 37-15 loss to Minnesota.
They did have a certain rhythm down the stretch, finishing their last 8 games
W L W L W L W L

Reactions: stormingnorm

Haskins has thrown the ball 185 more times to be within a 1000 yards
It really isn't close. Haskins is also having an unbelievable year. Murray too but it's all Tua. Especially because Alabama is undefeated. I mean, it's not fair but that does matter unfortunately. I mean, Tua's average more than 3 more yards per attempt. The kid is just unreal

SB was the best player in college football in 2017 (IMO)… the Heisman is a joke (I think 90% of knowledgable fans would agree).

That said, I don't think one could reasonably expect that SB woulda' done anything significantly more impactful than what Sanders did in the 2018 PSU Offense...… but, of course, we will never know.

Maybe more catches, he'd have been able to run under some of traces' overthrows on the wheel routes.

SB was the best player in college football in 2017 (IMO)… the Heisman is a joke (I think 90% of knowledgable fans would agree).

That said, I don't think one could reasonably expect that SB woulda' done anything significantly more impactful than what Sanders did in the 2018 PSU Offense...… but, of course, we will never know.

He would have maybe caught a few balls Sanders dropped.....but the HUGE HUGE HUGE difference (IMHO) would be so many less fumbles. MAJOR IMPACT!

Reactions: Option Bob

DIRECT PRESSER FROM DELANEY; Statistics often don’t tell the whole story and are often misleading. A players background especially family hardship must be given great consideration. The fact that Mr. Winovichs brother failed to receive a qualified offer from Penn State was the deciding factor in our decision to award Chase The Defensive Player of the year award. In addition Penn State will forfeit two scholarships to help correct this tragedy.

Reactions: pandaczar12

I have no idea how anyone can overlook Kenny Pickett. It's an outrage! :eek:

Tua

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT