ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Harbaugh to Denver

Pretty much what I posted as well from a different source. It's noise. Maybe Harbaugh is still flirting with them but they aren't to sleep over level discussions yet?
yep...these guys have their "sources". My guess is that talks are ongoing. Denver probably has a budget based on options A, B and C. What it sounds like is that they are in two different places but still talking.

Reactions: Online Persona
yep...these guys have their "sources". My guess is that talks are ongoing. Denver probably has a budget based on options A, B and C. What it sounds like is that they are in two different places but still talking.

My guess is that it isn't budgetary hold ups. Money is easy when you're worth almost 60 billion like their owner is. If Harbaugh wants complete control there's probably somewhere they don't see eye to eye on his vision or ownerships vision for the team. IE (just making this up) Harbaugh wants them to trade Wilson and blow it up and ownership wants at least one more year out of him.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Holding out will probably yield more money either in Denver or Michigan.

6d00c328f6ed43db42826a31ef5b233afb9ab257

Reactions: 84Lion
How embarrassing for UM and Harbaugh. He said he was staying last week, interviewed again yesterday, and didn’t get the job.

UM fans acting like Denver is a twice jilted lover who couldn’t take a hint the first time and had to be told a second things just weren’t gonna workout…

UM fans acting like Denver is a twice jilted lover who couldn’t take a hint the first time and had to be told a second things just weren’t gonna workout…
It is strange the second meeting was held in AA with someone from Denver. Weird situation all around.

It is strange the second meeting was held in AA with someone from Denver. Weird situation all around.

A private jet on demand can make the country much smallwr. Harbaugh agreed to meet, it’s not like the broncos were suddenly in his front lawn with messages on poster board unexpected.

Reactions: Westcoast24
College football has become a miserable job. On top of kissing the asses of 17 year olds (and sleep overs at some schools) you are dealing with the complexity of NIL and transport portal. It is 24/7 365 hell. He wants back into the NFL.
I don’t know how any of these coaches do it these days. It’s a different game for sure.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Wonder if the rumors over that last couple years of Hairbaugh considering a move to the NFL were the cause of UM's pretty weak 2023 recruiting class. Weak by the standards of recent UM classes as well as the push UM should have gotten by winning the B10 East and getting to the playoff the past 2 years. It will finalize in a few days but as of now UM has 23 2023 players with a class ranked #18 in the country and with an average 247 player rating of 88.84. That average player rating is similar to power houses such as UCLA, Arkansas, and Louisville. If UM had successfully built on their recent success they would have had a top 10 or top 5 class rivaling Clemson, UT, LSU, Miami and others. Or possibly even rivaling Bama, UGA, Texas and Oklahoma. UM recruiting should be on the rise, not on the decline, based upon recent success.

Wonder if the rumors over that last couple years of Hairbaugh considering a move to the NFL were the cause of UM's pretty weak 2023 recruiting class. Weak by the standards of recent UM classes as well as the push UM should have gotten by winning the B10 East and getting to the playoff the past 2 years. It will finalize in a few days but as of now UM has 23 2023 players with a class ranked #18 in the country and with an average 247 player rating of 88.84. That average player rating is similar to power houses such as UCLA, Arkansas, and Louisville. If UM had successfully built on their recent success they would have had a top 10 or top 5 class rivaling Clemson, UT, LSU, Miami and others. Or possibly even rivaling Bama, UGA, Texas and Oklahoma. UM recruiting should be on the rise, not on the decline, based upon recent success.
And hopefully this second flirtation won't sit well with prospective 2024 recruits or their families!

It’s an issue for sure.

A private jet on demand can make the country much smallwr. Harbaugh agreed to meet, it’s not like the broncos were suddenly in his front lawn with messages on poster board unexpected.
True. I think if you’re trying to keep things quiet (on both sides) it’s easier for a Denver rep to make the trip. No one in AA would even notice. People would notice right away if Harbaugh was spotted in Denver.

And hopefully this second flirtation won't sit well with prospective 2024 recruits or their families!
You'd have to think most recruits and families that have been paying attention believe that it is a matter of when, not if, at this point. He's shown consistent interest in NFL openings and has interviewed several times over the last couple of years. It's going to happen. Some NFL team is going to take a chance on him. And if no NFL teams want him after this many attempts, what message does that send to recruits and families?

Reactions: The Spin Meister
You'd have to think most recruits and families that have been paying attention believe that it is a matter of when, not if, at this point. He's shown consistent interest in NFL openings and has interviewed several times over the last couple of years. It's going to happen. Some NFL team is going to take a chance on him. And if no NFL teams want him after this many attempts, what message does that send to recruits and families?
I curious what you are suggesting in your last sentence.

I curious what you are suggesting in your last sentence.
If I was a parent of a recruit, I would be concerned that he is not committed to UM. He certainly gives the impression that he wants to get back to the NFL, even though he gives conflicting responses in the recent weeks.

While there may not be bad feelings between Harbaugh and president. Ono, the pres looks kind of foolish putting that announcement out last week about Harbaugh staying, then he intreviews again on Monday and doesn’t get the job. I would think the Pres and AD were pissed about that.

If I was a parent of a recruit, I would be concerned that he is not committed to UM. He certainly gives the impression that he wants to get back to the NFL, even though he gives conflicting responses in the recent weeks.

While there may not be bad feelings between Harbaugh and president. Ono, the pres looks kind of foolish putting that announcement out last week about Harbaugh staying, then he intreviews again on Monday and doesn’t get the job. I would think the Pres and AD were pissed about that.
Makes one wonder if hairball did that on purpose….

Would expect 1 of 2 reasons.
1. Recruits don't believe he'll be around long term and don't want the risk
2. The UM staff didn't think they'd be around for 2023 and half-assed recruiting.

If khaki pants doesn't get an NFL job soon, recruiting troubles based on his flirtations could be a self-fuliflling prophecy for his AA departure.

I guess that didn't age well, huh?
It aged fine IMO. There were several leaks of his continued flirting with NFL jobs after I posted the first one. I had only claimed that Harbaugh to Denver was still floating around amongst those with NFL connections. It obviously was still floating around for other tweets to come out from other sources.

I wonder if Jimmie is trying to get out one step ahead of the sheriff. Maybe there are some bigger violations that haven't turned up yet that he wants to avoid the spatter.
I somewhat doubt that. First off, what is violation in today’s world? You can pay kids outright and provide other formerly illegal services. You can tamper with and steal kids from other teams rosters. You can put them in academic programs where they never have to go to class or do any work. Hell for years select schools have used attractive coeds to induce recruits into school, with unfortunately the occasional sexual favor, (while proudly promoting themselves as champions of women’s rights) and the NCAA never objected. God forbid, if the NCAA catches you doing something that they feel is outside the pale, if you’re smart and have the clout you just stone wall and tell them to F off and they slink away.

Now if certain powerful types within a University find what you’re doing to be grossly offensive, or deleterious to what they perceive to be the University’s reputation they might remove you as the scapegoat and life moves on. That maybe Jimmy’s Achilles Heel.

It aged fine IMO. There were several leaks of his continued flirting with NFL jobs after I posted the first one. I had only claimed that Harbaugh to Denver was still floating around amongst those with NFL connections. It obviously was still floating around for other tweets to come out from other sources.
No, your title says "sounds like Harbough to Denver"--that was never "sounds like". It was just random speculation. We've gone through these rumors.

ADVERTISEMENT