ADVERTISEMENT

Source: Kansas State OC Collin Klein turned down the PSU OC position last week

Either would have been good, but we got the older, more experienced guy vs the one who is next in line for KState HC.

Reactions: aworsnup
It’s possible he “turned down” in the sense of pulled himself from consideration or declined to interview or such. I guess

Reactions: wilbury
It’s possible he “turned down” in the sense of pulled himself from consideration or declined to interview or such. I guess
Kind of lame to to bring it up, even if he was offered, but especially if it never got to that stage.

It's okay if he did turn down the job. He may feel more comfortable still being close to Kansas State. That's where he played ball and likely wants to be their HC eventually. Guys turn down jobs all the time. It's not an insult to Penn State if he did. He just didn't think it was a good fit for him. We got a good coach and he'll do what is best for him.

There’s probably an endless list of jobs in multiple professions that people turned down that weren’t officially offered to them. Add this to the list.

Reactions: step.eng69
Someone explain why they care if this is true or not?
If he was offered and declined it--who cares? We got a coach we're excited about
If he's using it for leverage--who cares? It doesn't impact us.
I kind of hope we did offer him because he's someone most of us would have been happy with and it shows we tried to get him. Then we had a great Plan B in place. No school always gets their top choice. Not a single program. Not even Bama and Georgia.

Last edited:
Someone explain why they care if this is true or not?
If he was offered and declined it--who cares? We got a coach we're excited about
If he's using it for leverage--who cares? It doesn't impact us.
I kind of hope we did offer him because he's someone most of us would have been happy with and it shows we tried to get him. Then we had a great Plan B in place. No school always gets their top choice. Not a single program. Not even Bama and Georgia.
Because they are trying to make it seem like PSU is a worse program than A&M which is BS of course.

Because they are trying to make it seem like PSU is a worse program than A&M which is BS of course.

A coach's personal choice on where they want to be doesn't make a program better
Riley left OU for USC, Kelly left ND for LSU...one can easily argue they went to a lesser program. Hell Jimbo to A&M was arguably a step down. It's chasing money in those situations.
There's a ton of things that go into a decision including A&M being much closer to home for Klein. Not everyone is willing to just go to the "best" offer. And maybe A&M met his demand where we didn't because we thought it was outrageous.
And, again, who says the story isn't true? Would you really be surprised if he was offered and decided to stay at K-State where he played?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT