ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Scuffle Grades

Flying_Tiger

May 27, 2011
Megaludis (A): Did what he was supposed to do but looked the sharpest he has all season thumping a solid Klimara in the finals.

Conaway (A): Really solid tournament with a win over #4. No chance against Garrett, he is just too good.

Gulibon (D): Very poor performance. Coming off an injury saves him from a failing grade. Good news is there is plenty of time to right the ship and seeds will probably matter the least at 141 this year.

Retherford: (A+): Dominated the field.

Nolf (A-): Champ but looked a little tentative in the 3rd period against Smith. Yes I'm nit picking.

165: (C+): 5th, 7th and dnp isn't terrible, isn't great. Nothing really settled here.

Nickal (A++): Champ at a very deep weight class. OW.

McCutch (incomplete): Won two matches and defaulted. Would of liked to seen if he could of placed 3rd.

McIntosh (A+): Champ, scored a huge amount of team points.

Johnson: (No Grade): Exchange Student.

Last edited:
I agree, that's pretty accurate and fair except for Johnson. Gotta give him a grade...

I agree, that's pretty accurate and fair except for Johnson. Gotta give him a grade...

Nico (A-) - should have let Klimara up to try and get the major. Every points will be critical at the NCAAs
Conaway (A-) - very good tournament but had hoped he could at least give Garrett a competitive match
Guilibon (D) - not his day. Hoping it was due to his ankle as Cael eluded to and he will come back strong after some rest
Kade (B-) - placing was good. Losing to someone he had beaten earlier wasn't so good.
Zain (A) - excellent tournament!
Nolf (A) - loses an A+ because of his tentativeness against Smith. He will learn and grow from that match
Beitz (B) - Zack continues to improve and wrestled well!
Rasheed (B-) - did some things very well. did something not very well. like his aggressiveness, though
Hammond (B-) - very happy with his aggressiveness and exceeded my expectations. good for him!
Morelli (C+) - strange to give the person who finished the highest the worse grade at 165 but those SV matches are gonna be the death of him in the post season. needs to find his offense
Bo (A) - Bo Knows Wrestling! A little bit sloppy against the best in the Nation but an outstanding job
Cutch (B) - Gotta give him props for avenging his only loss while suffering through the same back spasms that cost him the first time. That's grit and wish he had been about to continue and finish.
Mac (A-) - Incredible pin run for Mac who has never been known to be a consistent pinner. Finals match was a bit shaky but he was mostly in control.
Johnson (C-) - Good effort but just not able to compete at this level yet.

Megaludis (A): Did what he was supposed to do but looked the sharpest he has all season thumping a solid Klimara in the finals.

Conaway (A): Really solid tournament with a win over #4. No chance against Garrett, he is just too good.

Gulibon (D): Very poor performance. Coming off an injury saves him from a failing grade. Good news is there is plenty of time to right the ship and seeds will probably matter the least at 141 this year.

Nolf (A-): Champ but looked a little tentative in the 3rd period against Smith. Yes I'm nit picking.

165: (C+): 5th, 7th and dnp isn't terrible, isn't great. Nothing really settled here.

McCutch (incomplete): Won two matches and defaulted. Would of liked to seen if he could of placed 3rd.

Exchange student...that's awesome!!

Reactions: lionlover

Very good analysis and cleverly crafted post!:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT