ADVERTISEMENT

Story on Penn State frat coming up on MSNBC Lawrence O' Donnell*

Summary

- Barron: Criminal implications; most important to do it (investigation) right.
- Philadelphia Magazine reporter on her interview of current frat member, who said:
-- Not unusual behavior
-- Doesn't warrant criminal charges
-- The Facebook group is satirical, not malicious
- Broader comments made on frat culture:
--Incidents at several other schools recently have resulted in outrage, including treporting today of a hazing incident at the U. of Houston.
-- An article in The Atlantic magazine concludes little has changed over the years, including, for example, sexual assault and alcohol abuse.

It is interesting to note that Alpha Tau Omega fraternity in conjunction with Zeta sorority has raised over 13 million dollars for THON and children with cancer. That got lost with all the bad news.

Re: Summary

Originally posted by Class of 67:
- Barron: Criminal implications; most important to do it (investigation) right.
- Philadelphia Magazine reporter on her interview of current frat member, who said:
-- Not unusual behavior
-- Doesn't warrant criminal charges
-- The Facebook group is satirical, not malicious
- Broader comments made on frat culture:
--Incidents at several other schools recently have resulted in outrage, including treporting today of a hazing incident at the U. of Houston.
-- An article in The Atlantic magazine concludes little has changed over the years, including, for example, sexual assault and alcohol abuse.
Interesting comment by Barron. Just looking at that snippet, I wonder if he was making a statement based on Penn State's handling of an "investigation" in 2012.

This was the lead story of ABC's Nightline. However, I did not hear them mention "Sandusky" or "football" once. Instead they were tying in all of the other thuggish and deviant behavior that some frats across the country have been busted for lately.

SUSPENDED PENN STATE FRAT...

So its news that frats have some real a$$holes in them ?

Shocker.

...and yes I know these elitist organizations raise money for charity. After all, they need some good press to go with the other news about alcohol abuse, gang rapes, racism, and drunken pledges falling to their deaths from frat house windows.

Just sayen .............

Re: So basically a dozen brainwashed idiots saw it

Let's be dividers. Some like chocolate; some like vanilla; some like Peachy Paterno. I don't always watch cable news shows but when I do, I prefer MSNBC.

Re: So basically a dozen brainwashed idiots saw it

Originally posted by phillybillyreprise:
Let's be dividers. Some like chocolate; some like vanilla; some like Peachy Paterno. I don't always watch cable news shows but when I do, I prefer MSNBC.
So you're their viewer.
wink.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT