ADVERTISEMENT

Stubborn

africamurphy

Apr 1, 2019
Amazing that we found a Paterno clone

--Dogmatic loyalty to starting QB. 100% Hack when he had a plucky McSorley who should've been allowed to push him. Refused to let Levis pass...even when Clifford struggled. Now...Clifford is far from our lockdown starter, and yet they only put Allar in when Clifford has a fake injury.

--Stubborn aggressiveness on 4th downs. Today, he asked the guy behind him--his "analytics" guy--what to do on the 4th and 2. Read his lips...the guy said "Take the points." Franklin calls time out. Then continues to go for it and leaves 3 points on the board when the lead was still close. Just one example...we all have dozens of them.

--Fleming pride. Coach decided to shut down Julian Fleming today...to ruin the local kid's homecoming, to show him how we embarrass recruits that spurn us. So he put Porter Jr. on him and certainly shut down Fleming. Probably was...Harrison Jr. was their best receiver. Early in the game I questioned..."Why is Porter Jr. not on #18?" I think Franklin finally switched Porter to him when it went to a 20-point deficit. Unbelievably stubborn.

--Press conference arrogance. Franklin and his tens of millions of dollars has little respect or humility when it comes to his massive failures and being questioned by poor mortals...such an ugly look...and a poor example for the young men he's supposed to be molding. The lesson "Don't let anyone question you...don't change when you run into obstacles...plow ahead with confidence in your own ego..."

And the irony is...we might be saddled with Franklin as long as we were with Paterno. The NFL won't want him. Admin at PSU is afraid to step out and go in a different direction. Our fundraisers aren't inspired enough to pay big money towards a Franklin team to really compete with NIL against OSU or Michigan.

Third place forever!!! Our Big Ten fate under Paterno...and our destiny with Franklin.

Reactions: Ski
--Fleming pride. Coach decided to shut down Julian Fleming today...to ruin the local kid's homecoming, to show him how we embarrass recruits that spurn us. So he put Porter Jr. on him and certainly shut down Fleming. Probably was...Harrison Jr. was their best receiver. Early in the game I questioned..."Why is Porter Jr. not on #18?" I think Franklin finally switched Porter to him when it went to a 20-point deficit. Unbelievably stubborn.
I agreed with a lot but this isn't accurate

--Dogmatic loyalty to starting QB. 100% Hack when he had a plucky McSorley who should've been allowed to push him. Refused to let Levis pass...even when Clifford struggled. Now...Clifford is far from our lockdown starter, and yet they only put Allar in when Clifford has a fake injury.

--Stubborn aggressiveness on 4th downs. Today, he asked the guy behind him--his "analytics" guy--what to do on the 4th and 2. Read his lips...the guy said "Take the points." Franklin calls time out. Then continues to go for it and leaves 3 points on the board when the lead was still close. Just one example...we all have dozens of them.

--Press conference arrogance. Franklin and his tens of millions of dollars has little respect or humility when it comes to his massive failures and being questioned by poor mortals...such an ugly look...and a poor example for the young men he's supposed to be molding. The lesson "Don't let anyone question you...don't change when you run into obstacles...plow ahead with confidence in your own ego..."

And the irony is...we might be saddled with Franklin as long as we were with Paterno. The NFL won't want him. Admin at PSU is afraid to step out and go in a different direction. Our fundraisers aren't inspired enough to pay big money towards a Franklin team to really compete with NIL against OSU or Michigan.

Third place forever!!! Our Big Ten fate under Paterno...and our destiny with Franklin.
See your shrink soon. If he or she is not available on weekends... head to an ER immediately!

Reactions: mcpat

I guess you didn't see the play where Fleming was part of a 4 or 5 WR set and we left him uncovered save for a single LB, who wasn't going to make up that much ground, and a S 15 yards deep? Nor the quick screen that went for 4 yards to Fleming that King tackled him on?

The effort was to stop the run and not give up big pass plays. It worked until the 0:35 drive when they scored in 3 plays.

4 turnovers isn't conducive to beating #2 ranked teams either.

Paterno clone? We should be so lucky. He is the all fine winningest coach and a bowl record second to none.

Reactions: BoChops
ADVERTISEMENT