ADVERTISEMENT

T-Row and Funky

ev_flores0331

Mar 7, 2016
How many of you guys listen to Rowlands and Askren on their podcast? If you haven't given it a listen then you're missing out. I really like the FRL podcasts and the back-and-forth between Willie and CP but these two guys are my favorites. Insightful commentary, pretty good interviewers, and a lot of funny commentary! The Cormier interview they had awhile back made me laugh several times, they got some really good stuff from Rich Bender recently, and the IMar interview was great! Oh, and of course they had Davud Taylor on a couple months back...

Give me Willie and CP all day every day. (And Richard Immel too. And the Bloodround guys. And Jason Bryant when he's interviewing Kevin Dresser or someone who interests me.)

I think Askren is good in that special grating way of his. But I think Rowlands is not good. He's a likable guy, and I want him to be good. I like his stories about the battles with Mocco and other things from back in the day. I would certainly buy produce from him. But he just doesn't pay close enough attention these days to have much of value to say.

The IMar interview was terrific, but I think that's because IMar is an insightful young man and Askren asked some provocative questions.

100 percent. ;-)

(If you don't get the reference....Ben says 100% lots of times during each broadcast) Yes, I also enjoy their show, too. So many good wrestling podcasts to listen to now, I often don't have time to listen to them right away.

Give me Willie and CP all day every day. (And Richard Immel too. And the Bloodround guys. And Jason Bryant when he's interviewing Kevin Dresser or someone who interests me.)

I think Askren is good in that special grating way of his. But I think Rowlands is not good. He's a likable guy, and I want him to be good. I like his stories about the battles with Mocco and other things from back in the day. I would certainly buy produce from him. But he just doesn't pay close enough attention these days to have much of value to say.

The IMar interview was terrific, but I think that's because IMar is an insightful young man and Askren asked some provocative questions.

Watch Askren's mimicking the old WWF (WWE) interviews where he plays the part of the manager who does the talking while the wrestler (in this case J'Den Cox) stands silent behind him. Comical stuff. Both play their respective parts well. It is on Flo. I'd link it if I knew how.

Last edited:
Watch Askren's mimicking the old WWF (WWE) interviews where he plays the part of the manager who does the talking while the wrestler (in this case J'Den Cox) stands silent behind him. Comical stuff. Both play their respective parts well.
I'm with you though, I think Askren is hilarious!

Last edited:
Ditto CholleyVandine's take on Rowlands. I want him to be good but he doesn't pay close enough attention to deliver much substance, and then embarrasses himself in arguments on Twitter for the same reason. Askren is a good host; he moves the show along well, and he's pretty fair. When he's off it's usually for the same reason Rowlands falls short--he hasn't paid close enough attention. Often they at least realize they haven't paid close enough attention and will say so.

I like CP and Willie and the Bloodround guys even when I don't agree with them. I think Immel knows his stuff but he's not a natural host. Jason Bryant is a total pro and the sport is lucky to have him.

I kind of wish Jeff Byers hosted a podcast, beyond the weekly radio show (which would get so many more listens if it were made available as a podcast). He's pretty incisive, knows his history, and has such an old-school radio delivery he could make the phone book sound entertaining. Reminds me of Bob Murphy, the Mets radio announcer for decades.

Ditto CholleyVandine's take on Rowlands. I want him to be good but he doesn't pay close enough attention to deliver much substance, and then embarrasses himself in arguments on Twitter for the same reason. Askren is a good host; he moves the show along well, and he's pretty fair. When he's off it's usually for the same reason Rowlands falls short--he hasn't paid close enough attention. Often they at least realize they haven't paid close enough attention and will say so.

I like CP and Willie and the Bloodround guys even when I don't agree with them. I think Immel knows his stuff but he's not a natural host. Jason Bryant is a total pro and the sport is lucky to have him.

I kind of wish Jeff Byers hosted a podcast, beyond the weekly radio show (which would get so many more listens if it were made available as a podcast). He's pretty incisive, knows his history, and has such an old-school radio delivery he could make the phone book sound entertaining. Reminds me of Bob Murphy, the Mets radio announcer for decades.

I chuckled when he discussed Mark Hall's tough win against Marinelli and Hall getting blown out by Adam Hall at trials. Uh - the scores were exactly the same (14-5)

Reactions: CholleyVandine
I chuckled when he discussed Mark Hall's tough win against Marinelli and Hall getting blown out by Adam Hall at trials. Uh - the scores were exactly the same (14-5)
Think you mean Andrew Howe but yeah. Not that long ago there was a full weekend of matches that neither had seen any of, but they went ahead and drew a number of conclusions from based on the results. Can't remember whether it was that weekend, but it was par for the course. That said, Askren and Rowlands aren't exactly journalists and don't pretend to be; the show is good for what it is.

Think you mean Andrew Howe but yeah. Not that long ago there was a full weekend of matches that neither had seen any of, but they went ahead and drew a number of conclusions from based on the results. Can't remember whether it was that weekend, but it was par for the course. That said, Askren and Rowlands aren't exactly journalists and don't pretend to be; the show is good for what it is.
It was Adam Hall, too. The identical score line was what was so funny. Maybe it was Askren who brought up that back-side match, but Rowlands can't help being an Ohio homer even if Marinelli is leaving the state.

They entertain me as well. The show sounds like 2 tough dudes who smoked a bowl and just riff on wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT