ADVERTISEMENT

The Best Mark Hall Pins from 2019 - 2020

He was always in the middle of the FUN!!! I can't remember our opponent, but remember Mark being in the middle of a mock game of football during warm-ups before a BJC match. I think Jason Nolf was also involved.

He was always in the middle of the FUN!!! I can't remember our opponent, but remember Mark being in the middle of a mock game of football during warm-ups before a BJC match. I think Jason Nolf was also involved.
That wasn’t just play. It was a reenactment!

So, so, crazy to me that a guy of Mark's abilities and accomplishments is in the middle of the pack of our recent GOAT contenders. Dude had the ultimate feel for his considerable arsenal. One of my all time favs (that list is just longer than it should be, lol).

The problem with Hall was his weight class. He was too small for 174.

The problem with Hall was his weight class. He was too small for 174.
He really wasn't, he was thick and bulky and didn't have the longest wingspan, which isn't the ideal build.

oh-boy-here-we-go-again.gif

He really wasn't, he was thick and bulky and didn't have the longest wingspan, which isn't the ideal build.

oh-boy-here-we-go-again.gif

I would not call him thick or bulky. He was jacked but small. Marsteller is thick and bulky.

If you want to call him think and bulky that is fine but at the end of the day Hall was smaller than other wrestlers at his weight.

If we lined up 174 Hall with 174 Ruth, 174 Nickal, 174 Starocci and so on you would see that Hall was at a disadvantage at that weight.

You even confirm my point when you say he "did not have the longest wingspan, which isnt the ideal build. "

I would not call him thick or bulky. He was jacked but small. Marsteller is thick and bulky.

If you want to call him think and bulky that is fine but at the end of the day Hall was smaller than other wrestlers at his weight.

If we lined up 174 Hall with 174 Ruth, 174 Nickal, 174 Starocci and so on you would see that Hall was at a disadvantage at that weight.

You even confirm my point when you say he "did not have the longest wingspan, which isnt the ideal build. "
There's a reason why Mark Hall never attempted 74KG even for senior free when there are less events. Mark also said in a Barstool interview he is one of the bigger cutters on the team. When you say small, most would think you mean weight , which isn't true. If you said length, that's different but semantics here I guess.

There's a reason why Mark Hall never attempted 74KG even for senior free when there are less events. Mark also said in a Barstool interview he is one of the bigger cutters on the team. When you say small, most would think you mean weight , which isn't true. If you said length, that's different but semantics here I guess.
A lot of Hall's weight was in his thighs; not as disproportionately as Marsteller but similar, and not ideal for a wrestler. It wasn't a problem for Hall until he ran into an optimally-proportioned and equally-skilled Zahid Valencia, whose reach was, I think, the diference in every victory over Hall. It doesn't detract from the memorable D1 career he had though. He was as fun to watch as Nolf and Nickal and a great person to boot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT