The nomination should go to Trump again, but not for the reasons that u think…………

CaptainStabbin1

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
I love DeSantis, & there is absolutely a Presidency in the man’s future!

However, with that being said, he’s only 44, & he just won a second term as governor of the Great State of Florida!

He still has a job to do in Florida for another 4yrs!

He should finish out his second term as governor of Florida, then, run for President!

He’ll only be 48 when he finishes his second term as governor of Florida.

That would obviously clear the way for Trump to run 1 more time against Dementia Joe!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob2022

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
I love DeSantis, & their is absolutely a Presidency in the man’s future!

However, with that being said, he’s only 44, & he just won a second term as governor of the Great State of Florida!

He should finish out his second term as governor of Florida, then, run for President!

That would obviously clear the way for Trump to run 1 more time against Dementia Joe!
I don’t care who wins as long as it isn’t any Democrat. The primary reason I like Trump has absolutely nothing to do with me liking “Trump the man”.

I like the direction he was taking the country. But what I like even more about him is he’s not afraid to take a big old “wrecking ball” to the establishment in DC. And I still believe he has a bigger wrecking ball and would do more damage to the “status quo” than DeSantis who I like very much too.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001

Let the party members vote. Unlike democrats, GOP doesn't fix primaries. After all, it is a govt by the people, for the people and of the people.

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
I don’t care who wins as long as it isn’t any Democrat. The primary reason I like Trump has absolutely nothing to do with me liking “Trump the man”.

I like the direction he was taking the country. But what I like even more about him is he’s not afraid to take a big old “wrecking ball” to the establishment in DC. And I still believe he has a bigger wrecking ball and would do more damage to the “status quo” than DeSantis who I like very much too.
I have asked PSUEngineer this and all he says is well Trump was tricked

Give me some examples of Trump's wrecking ball compared to DeSantis except his mouth.

Trump appointed Wray which further weaponized the DoJ
Trump allowed Fauci, Birx and Redfield to wreck the economy with out firing them.
Trump appointed Bill Barr who is Deep state through and through

Trumps 3 biggest accomplishments in my view were
. 3 conservative SCOTUS
. Tax reform
. The Abraham accords [give Trump credit but he didn't do much to accomplish this]
None of those I would say are wrecking ball sorts of things.

DeSantis very publically challenged Disney and prevailed
DeSantis actually challenged the status quo on Covid, when it was not popular kept the state open and Florida thrived
He fired a soft on crime DA

He took Florida from a 50/50 state and in 4 years won by 20 points and won Miami dade county which for an R is unheard of.

Why did so many D's turn out this midterm? Inflation is terrible, real wages are down 18 mths in a row, wokeism runs rampant and yet they voted for more of the same. Trump supported Walker, Vance, Bolduc, Laxalt, Lake, and Oz. All lost except Vance who underperformed the R Gov by 20 points. You can't over estimate the hatred the "regular folks" have for Trump. It shows even when he isn't on the ticket. Remember we elected a basement dwelling Dementia patient as President over him.A stroke patient in Pa., someone who would not even debate in Arizona. It odesn't matter just not Trump or Trump affiliated.

Jan 6th may have been a sham hearing but it DID impact some independents.

So let's go to 2024
Trump will surely lose some independents based on Jan 6th, upcoming Mar-a-logo indictment
He will lose some R's like me who think he is worse long term for the country than a short 4 years
where we like his policies
He too will be 80 if elected.
He won't get anything passed. There will be a close Senate and a block of 3-4 R's who wouldn't mind to "John McKain" him on any close votes.

Let's just say each group peels off 5-10%

Where does he get more votes than in 2020?

If the option was Mike Pence, I am still with Trump [not entusiastically] but DeSantis
can make the country like Florida.

He is young , smart, confrontational, NOT IN YOUR FACE VINDICTIVE and could be transformational to a multi year run for conservative values vs a vindictive narcissist who brings out the worst in both sides just because "we like his policies".

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010

Give me some examples of Trump's wrecking ball compared to DeSantis except his mouth.

Trump allowed Fauci, Birx and Redfield to wreck the economy with out firing them.

. 3 conservative SCOTUS
. Tax reform
. The Abraham accords [give Trump credit but he didn't do much to accomplish this]

DeSantis actually challenged the status quo on Covid, when it was not popular kept the state open and Florida thrived

He took Florida from a 50/50 state and in 4 years won by 20 points and won Miami dade county which for an R is unheard of.

Why did so many D's turn out this midterm? Inflation is terrible, real wages are down 18 mths in a row, wokeism runs rampant and yet they voted for more of the same. Trump supported Walker, Vance, Bolduc, Laxalt, Lake, and Oz. All lost except Vance who underperformed the R Gov by 20 points. You can't over estimate the hatred the "regular folks" have for Trump. It shows even when he isn't on the ticket. Remember we elected a basement dwelling Dementia patient as President over him.A stroke patient in Pa., someone who would not even debate in Arizona. It odesn't matter just not Trump or Trump affiliated.

So let's go to 2024
Trump will surely lose some independents based on Jan 6th, upcoming Mar-a-logo indictment
He will lose some R's like me who think he is worse long term for the country than a short 4 years
He won't get anything passed. There will be a close Senate and a block of 3-4 R's who wouldn't mind to "John McKain" him on any close votes.

If the option was Mike Pence, I am still with Trump [not entusiastically] but DeSantis

He is young , smart, confrontational, NOT IN YOUR FACE VINDICTIVE and could be transformational to a multi year run for conservative values vs a vindictive narcissist who brings out the worst in both sides just because "we like his policies".
I think you’re not giving Trump the credit he deserves for transforming the Republican Party in a good way. You may not like his personality but he did a lot of good things from a policy standpoint. And I won’t refute everything you say, even though I “mildly” disagree with some of your comments. And I won’t be intimidated by anyone that plays into the left wing and “Luke warm” Republican nonsense that Trump doesn’t deserve a seat at the table and can’t win re-election. And I am mindful of Trumps big narcissistic personality and will take that into consideration in any Republican primary.

I don’t have any problem with DeSantis and would vote for him in a NY minute, but if Trump is the Republican nominee, I’ll enthusiastically support him as well. I’ll be damned if I vote for ANY Democrat or not vote at all for Trump if he is the nominee.

If there is a Republican primary with DeSantis, Pompeo, Trump, are other Republicans, I’m still not sure who I’ll support in 2024, as it’s a long way off and the political climate can change a lot between now and then.

One thing for sure, I’ll analyze the situation at that time, and as a first priority vote for the best Republican candidate to beat ANY Democrat and as a second priority vote for who I think will shake up DC and the status quo the most. I don’t want a “wishy-washy” non-aggressive Republican candidate in the WH that wants to go along to get along.

My focus is entirely on defeating Democrats at every level and changing the status quo in DC.

Last edited:

wilbury

Feb 19, 2005

keep telling yourself that when he loses the next election worse than the last one and drags down other republican candidates with him.

Reactions: roswelllion

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
keep telling yourself that when he loses the next election worse than the last one and drags down other republican candidates with him.
Possibly, but who knows what will happen in 2 years. I’m just not dismissing him right now as he got much more support than any “wishy washy” status quo Republican even did.

And I’m far from being a hard core “Trumper”.

Last edited:

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
I think you’re not giving Trump the credit he deserves for transforming the Republican Party in a good way. You may not like his personality but he did a lot of good things from a policy standpoint. And I won’t refute everything you say, even though I “mildly” disagree with some of your comments. And I won’t be intimidated by anyone that plays into the left wing and “Luke warm” Republican nonsense that Trump doesn’t deserve a seat at the table and can’t win re-election. And I am mindful of Trumps big narcissistic personality and will take that into consideration in any Republican primary.

I don’t have any problem with DeSantis and would vote for him in a NY minute, but if Trump is the Republican nominee, I’ll enthusiastically support him as well. I’ll be damned if I vote for ANY Democrat or not vote at all for Trump if he is the nominee.

If there is a Republican primary with DeSantis, Pompeo, Trump, are other Republicans, I’m still not sure who I’ll support in 2024, as it’s a long way off and the political climate can change a lot between now and then.

One thing for sure, I’ll analyze the situation at that time, and as a first priority vote for the best Republican candidate to beat ANY Democrat and as a second priority vote for who I think will shake up DC and the status quo the most. I don’t want a “wishy-washy” non-aggressive Republican candidate in the WH that wants to go along to get along.

My focus is entirely on defeating Democrats at every level and changing the status quo in DC.
So if by transforming the R party to a populist party of the working man I would agree. I would simply say the D's have greatly assisted with their assault on on white working class families. they certainly pushed these folks toward the R's but Trump gets credit for embracing them.
Policies good, I agree. Is there any policy difference between Trump and Ron D? I don't see it.
Respectfully because I usually agree with you I still haven't heard any evidence of the "wrecking ball" approach to D.C.
Don't want a wishy washy R. Again agree completely. Ron D is anything but wishy washy.

The D media will bash any R BUT the general public 50% has a visceral hatred of Trump as evidence again by this years mid terms. I am sure if you truly look at DeSantis operating style and record you will be swayed.
Do we really need Ron DeSanctimonious and Glenn Young --Kin [sounds Chinese doesn't it?] for 4 more years. These are the 2 most successful R's in the last 2 years and they won by fighting for real issues.
For me at this time I have excused his assinine behavior for 4 years because I like the policy and he truly did get an unfair shake, however I would rather suffer through 4 more years of DJ to get a young, energetic, confrontational but not obnoxious guy to hopefully lead us for 8 years.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
So if by transforming the R party to a populist party of the working man I would agree. I would simply say the D's have greatly assisted with their assault on on white working class families. they certainly pushed these folks toward the R's but Trump gets credit for embracing them.
Policies good, I agree. Is there any policy difference between Trump and Ron D? I don't see it.
Respectfully because I usually agree with you I still haven't heard any evidence of the "wrecking ball" approach to D.C.
Don't want a wishy washy R. Again agree completely. Ron D is anything but wishy washy.

The D media will bash any R BUT the general public 50% has a visceral hatred of Trump as evidence again by this years mid terms. I am sure if you truly look at DeSantis operating style and record you will be swayed.
Do we really need Ron DeSanctimonious and Glenn Young --Kin [sounds Chinese doesn't it?] for 4 more years. These are the 2 most successful R's in the last 2 years and they won by fighting for real issues.
For me at this time I have excused his assinine behavior for 4 years because I like the policy and he truly did get an unfair shake, however I would rather suffer through 4 more years of DJ to get a young, energetic, confrontational but not obnoxious guy to hopefully lead us for 8 years.
I agree, and the single biggest thing that irritates me with Trump is when he uses disparaging language toward other Republican candidates. I don’t like it at all and it makes me cringe.

And yet the candidates he did the same crap to back in 2016, still seem to support him (Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Etc.). I said it before and I’ll say it again, I can’t quite figure him out.

And by the way, you don’t have to sell me on DeSantis either. I just think Trump is the elephant in the room and I’m not prepared to dump him or underestimate him quite yet.

Whatever it takes to get rid of Democrat insanity is what I want. And that includes finding a way to deal with early voting, drop boxes, ballot harvesting, and endless counting of ballots.

Last edited:

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021

. 3 conservative SCOTUS
. Tax reform

So let's go to 2024

Good post.

indynittany

Feb 21, 2005
...After all, it is a govt by the people, for the people and of the people.

The last two election cycles have proven that notion to be a fairy tale.

Domestically speaking, I don't see much difference between Trump and DeSantis. Although I do give the governor kudos for his stance against the clot shots. Trump needs to get on the right side of that issue if he's going to get my vote again.

However, I believe Trump better understands that we are in a world war, that our enemies reside domestically in the CIA, the FBI, the IRS, the DEA, the NIH, the FDA, the CDC and the DOE. Globally, it's the UN, the WEF, the CCP, the central banks. All of those organizations are run by traitors and/or globalists wannabes.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
The last two election cycles have proven that notion to be a fairy tale.

Domestically speaking, I don't see much difference between Trump and DeSantis. Although I do give the governor kudos for his stance against the clot shots. Trump needs to get on the right side of that issue if he's going to get my vote again.

However, I believe Trump better understands that we are in a world war, that our enemies reside domestically in the CIA, the FBI, the IRS, the DEA, the NIH (HHS) the DOE. Globally, it's the UN, the CCP, the central banks. All of those organizations are run by traitors and/or globalists wannabes.
this last election was turned on RvW. The single women were energized and woke. single women voted democrat by 37% more than ever before.

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003

Trump will easily win the Republican nomination. It isn’t worth talking about for the next year+, hillbilly

indynittany

Feb 21, 2005
this last election was turned on RvW. The single women were energized and woke. single women voted democrat by 37% more than ever before.
Which gives rise to the question, why now?

As an aside, the knee jerk performance of women is an indictment of our education system. Maybe it's time to revisit their right to vote? Roe was never about whether or not a woman can legally murder her unborn child. It was about the federal government's limits in such matters. It's about civics, stupid!

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Which gives rise to the question, why now?

As an aside, the knee jerk performance of women is an indictment of our education system. Maybe it's time to revisit their right to vote? Roe was never about whether or not a woman can legally murder her unborn child. It was about the federal government's limits in such matters. It's about civics, stupid!
Agree. Now go back to Burbon's messaging about vote harvesting in the inner cities. i was monitoring the CLE Justice Center the weekend before election day when voting was open. There was a two-hour wait. Some women who wore t-shirts suggesting that they were "vote monitors" (to protect voters) would ask women coming out of the booth how their voting experience was. When they engaged, they had them take a photo of the Dem list of candidates and text it to three women. Very effective.

Reactions: indynittany

Latest posts