ADVERTISEMENT

The "other games" thread.

SLion

May 29, 2001
Michigan gets a targeting call on Fresno State confirmed to help their first TD. FST loses cornerback 3m in, I see no difference bw that one and one that WV committed. No standards anymore yet one of biggest / most impactful call out there.

How about Clemson. Today might make them think twice about bolting for the SEC....
Maybe it's a better fit for them beating up on Pitt.

• Love
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Ok, another targeting against TA&M. ND will get this call. That one was absolutely clear, leading with helmet.

KLS has 3 catches, 80 yards, 2 TDs for Auburn. Vs Bama...A&M. That's somebody.

A&M...of Texas tied at 3 vs the Irish.

hmm..only 7-3 MeCheatAgain, with about 5m left in 2nd.

hmm..only 7-3 MeCheatAgain, with about 5m left in 2nd.

Orji must be terrible at throwing. Why does Edwards only have 5 rushes? If not for the early turnover, they could be losing.

Driving now though.

Regretting taking the over in the Oregon game
Started 4-0 this year (Ga Tech, NDSU, Penn State and Georgia) will probably lose both of my bets night (Oregon plus I took A&M because I trust Elko more than Freeman)

I understand you have to be a threat to pass, but I also don't know why Michigan won't let Orji just do his Vince Young impression.

Fresno State just scored. Finally put a drive together. Michigan leads 16-10. 10 minutes left.

Reactions: psu00
Michigan put together a drive here to re-extend the lead back to 13.

Oregon's night is weird. Gabriel over 300 passing with few incompletions. Yet, 17-7.
Yeah somehow he's 36/41 for over 300 and they can't move the ball. Idaho scored so 17-14 now

• Wow
Reactions: mhlarch
Surprising how many teams struggled: UM, ND, OR, NW, UCLA.

Surprising how many teams struggled: UM, ND, OR, NW, UCLA.

Agree on Michigan and Oregon...especially Oregon. Nobody is expecting too much from Northwestern or UCLA, so no shock there. As for the Irish, however, I actually thought they looked pretty good. They came in as a slight road underdog and played very tough D, got their running game going, and looked strong on both sides of the line of scrimmage. On paper at least their schedule also sets up nicely.

As for the Irish, however, I actually thought they looked pretty good. They came in as a slight road underdog and played very tough D, got their running game going, and looked strong on both sides of the line of scrimmage. On paper at least their schedule also sets up nicely.

A&M was probably unfairly hyped. Home field advantage affected the betting line to make them favored. I don't think they end up ranked by the years end. ND looks similar to last year. Strong defense again, middling offense. I didn't much like Leonard at Duke. He's a scrappy QB that does more with his legs than his arm. ND really didn't get him any weapons either. Their schedule does set up great. FSU and USC provide enough name recognition that nobody will whine about it and they now have their SEC win under their belt (albeit the 9th or worst SEC team, at least today).

Reactions: Jerry
A&M was probably unfairly hyped. Home field advantage affected the betting line to make them favored. I don't think they end up ranked by the years end. ND looks similar to last year. Strong defense again, middling offense. I didn't much like Leonard at Duke. He's a scrappy QB that does more with his legs than his arm. ND really didn't get him any weapons either. Their schedule does set up great. FSU and USC provide enough name recognition that nobody will whine about it and they now have their SEC win under their belt (albeit the 9th or worst SEC team, at least today).
I had faith in Elko taking over with that talent but its going to take some time apparently or maybe I'll be wrong and he flops.

I won't be the least bit upset if we make the playoff and face ND in the opening round

Reactions: lazydave841
I had faith in Elko taking over with that talent but its going to take some time apparently or maybe I'll be wrong and he flops.

I won't be the least bit upset if we make the playoff and face ND in the opening round

Time perhaps, but A&M results vs expectations have never matched up.

I'd love a R1 game vs ND. Home or away.

That program - and its powder puff schedule - is a JOKE. PSU would smoke them a-holes

Reactions: LandoComando
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT