Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008

Pardlion

Nov 10, 2014

pawrestlersintn

Jan 26, 2013

Jerry

May 29, 2001
The lack of respect is appalling. We are a joke on the world stage.

I saw a report last night that the Saudis (along with Egypt and Turkey) will be joining BRICS next year...the economic alliance of Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.

A new world order is emerging, and the Ukraine conflict is accelerating its development. The dominance of the decadent West under the corrupt, doddering leadership of the United States is fading.

The West and its new religion of Wokeism have a death wish. Everyone can see that. The Saudis say no thanks. They have contempt for Biden and all his works.

Last edited:

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC

Biden’s Finger Pointing At Gas Stations Shows His Policies Aren’t Rooted In Reality​

In a baffling series of remarks this week, President Joe Biden admonished gas station owners to slash prices and to “do it now,” blaming the latest gasoline price increase on greed. The president’s comments came as the average price per gallon hovers around $3.80 and as millions of Americans are worried about the rising cost of heating their homes.

Amid global instability, wildly fluctuating energy markets and rampant inflation, the president fails to realize that government policies and regulations have made matters worse.

States in the Northeast are among the most victimized by bad government energy regulations. Many of these states relied on natural gas imported from Russia due to New York’s ban on pipelines from the gas-rich communities in Pennsylvania.....

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
Reactions: bison13

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC

Biden’s Day One Actions Haunt Him Still​

Column: The president blunders from one self-inflicted crisis to the next

President Joe Biden was outraged on October 5 when the oil-and-gas cartel OPEC+ announced that it would cut production by two million barrels of oil per day. He had reason to be angry. The dis was personal. And the move has global implications. OPEC+ includes Russia, and rising oil prices will help Vladimir Putin, undermine Europe’s ability to keep the lights on, and reduce food supply in the Global South. National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan and National Economic Council director Brian Deese released a joint statement slamming the decision as "shortsighted" and harmful for "lower- and middle-income countries that are already reeling from elevated energy prices."

Yet the White House’s true worry is domestic. Here is how you can tell: Sullivan and Deese mentioned Ukraine only once in their 311-word missive. But they brought up the proverbial gas "pump" twice and U.S. "gas prices" three times. President Biden has been around long enough to understand the special relationship between fuel prices and presidential job approval. He’s incensed that OPEC+ may have helped the Republican opposition weeks before the midterm election.

Biden really ought to look in the mirror. The OPEC+ embarrassment was the latest reminder that he, not Putin nor Saudi Arabia, is the chief author of the Democratic Party’s current woes. On issue after issue, the instructions that Biden gave at the outset of his presidency have made America less prosperous, less independent, and less secure.

Energy and immigration tell the tale. Biden signed 17 executive orders on his first day in office, and two of them dealt with U.S. oil and gas production. One order pledged that America would rejoin the Paris climate accords and commit to the deal’s targeted reductions in carbon dioxide emissions. The other order blocked oil and gas exploration in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, forbade drilling in large parts of Utah, and canceled the Keystone XL pipeline between the United States and Canada. One week later, Biden stopped issuing new oil and gas leases on public lands.

Biden knew what he was doing. The "clean energy transition," as Sullivan and Deese put it, is among the top priorities of the Democratic Party. The transition involves hiking the cost of carbon-based energy to the point where renewable alternatives become affordable by comparison. You decrease supply of oil and gas until prices rise enough for the average consumer to search online for a Tesla...

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
When I see all the stupid shit that the Biden administration, the democrats, and the media (but I repeat myself) have done I just shake my head.

I mean really people, if you voted for Biden, you are an idiot.
And what’s even worse, this disaster was easily predictable and avoidable.

Reactions: psu skp and Jerry

bison13

Dec 22, 2007

Biden’s Finger Pointing At Gas Stations Shows His Policies Aren’t Rooted In Reality​

In a baffling series of remarks this week, President Joe Biden admonished gas station owners to slash prices and to “do it now,” blaming the latest gasoline price increase on greed. The president’s comments came as the average price per gallon hovers around $3.80 and as millions of Americans are worried about the rising cost of heating their homes.

Amid global instability, wildly fluctuating energy markets and rampant inflation, the president fails to realize that government policies and regulations have made matters worse.

States in the Northeast are among the most victimized by bad government energy regulations. Many of these states relied on natural gas imported from Russia due to New York’s ban on pipelines from the gas-rich communities in Pennsylvania.....

they are so dumb, gas stations make an average of 3 cents a gallon

crazyivan77

Dec 7, 2007
ap22196597737533-1--028629364dbc38950194bc5555f41dfd5a50a6b7-s1100-c50.jpg

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001

Biden’s Day One Actions Haunt Him Still​

Column: The president blunders from one self-inflicted crisis to the next

President Joe Biden was outraged on October 5 when the oil-and-gas cartel OPEC+ announced that it would cut production by two million barrels of oil per day. He had reason to be angry. The dis was personal. And the move has global implications. OPEC+ includes Russia, and rising oil prices will help Vladimir Putin, undermine Europe’s ability to keep the lights on, and reduce food supply in the Global South. National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan and National Economic Council director Brian Deese released a joint statement slamming the decision as "shortsighted" and harmful for "lower- and middle-income countries that are already reeling from elevated energy prices."

Yet the White House’s true worry is domestic. Here is how you can tell: Sullivan and Deese mentioned Ukraine only once in their 311-word missive. But they brought up the proverbial gas "pump" twice and U.S. "gas prices" three times. President Biden has been around long enough to understand the special relationship between fuel prices and presidential job approval. He’s incensed that OPEC+ may have helped the Republican opposition weeks before the midterm election.

Biden really ought to look in the mirror. The OPEC+ embarrassment was the latest reminder that he, not Putin nor Saudi Arabia, is the chief author of the Democratic Party’s current woes. On issue after issue, the instructions that Biden gave at the outset of his presidency have made America less prosperous, less independent, and less secure.

Energy and immigration tell the tale. Biden signed 17 executive orders on his first day in office, and two of them dealt with U.S. oil and gas production. One order pledged that America would rejoin the Paris climate accords and commit to the deal’s targeted reductions in carbon dioxide emissions. The other order blocked oil and gas exploration in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, forbade drilling in large parts of Utah, and canceled the Keystone XL pipeline between the United States and Canada. One week later, Biden stopped issuing new oil and gas leases on public lands.

Biden knew what he was doing. The "clean energy transition," as Sullivan and Deese put it, is among the top priorities of the Democratic Party. The transition involves hiking the cost of carbon-based energy to the point where renewable alternatives become affordable by comparison. You decrease supply of oil and gas until prices rise enough for the average consumer to search online for a Tesla...

In a perfect world, OPEC+ announces they are cutting oil production to do their part in reducing the planet's carbon footprint.

tIUguy2

May 25, 2016

Sanders recommends cutting their military aid, which makes a fvck ton of sense.

Perfect timing on the part of OPEC. In the next 30 days or so the price of a gallon of regular unleaded will average over $5 again and the Democrats get butchered in the midterm election. A little bit of pain for a fvckton of gain. I love it!

DandyDonII

Oct 16, 2002
As for the original post, talk about not being able to see the forest through the trees. Oil is a vital resource, it makes our whole economy go, why are we allowing despots to hold us hostage over it when we have our own freaking supply but refuse to adequately supply ourselves...
And Bernie Sanders, ha.....Why is it ok for Saudis to produce oil but not fur us to do so?

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Well done, Governor Newsom! Tax the crap out of those greedy oil companies! Crude prices are down but not prices at the pump. Yet again. Color me shocked.

Reactions: psuted

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Haha. They’re passing that tax to you, Sissy.

Well, it really pains me to have to take issue with the opinions of an esteemed graduate of Port Au Prince Medical School, but the fact is that Valero’s spokesweasel cited a bunch of vague generalities and no hard facts to back them up.

California requires these refineries to produce unleaded gasoline, and to use a special formulation (which reduces pollution from auto emissions) that other states do not require. And? California has a population of thirty nine million (39,000,000) people, and is by far the largest single gasoline market in the country. So please spare me the whinging about the “burden” of refining and producing that special gas formulation for one state. And perhaps try quantifying the added cost while you’re at it, spokesweasel.

And the temporary closure of a single refinery is responsible for the escalation of pump prices that we are currently seeing? I have to honk the B.S. Horn by on THAT one. Like they can’t plan for refinery maintenance and corresponding production interruptions?

Newsom is doing the right thing from both a fiscal and a political perspective. The fact that it apparently annoys RWNJ’s like you is just the cherry on top of the sundae.

And BTW, Newsom’s proposed legislation would, according to his public statements on the subject, return the revenues from this windfall profits tax to California voters. So no, you’re wrong yet again. The tax will not be passed on to me. Just the revenues therefrom. :cool::cool:

crazyivan77

Dec 7, 2007
Well, it really pains me to have to take issue with the opinions of an esteemed graduate of Port Au Prince Medical School, but the fact is that Valero’s spokesweasel cited a bunch of vague generalities and no hard facts to back them up.

California requires these refineries to produce unleaded gasoline, and to use a special formulation (which reduces pollution from auto emissions) that other states do not require. And? California has a population of thirty nine million (39,000,000) people, and is by far the largest single gasoline market in the country. So please spare me the whinging about the “burden” of refining and producing that special gas formulation for one state. And perhaps try quantifying the added cost while you’re at it, spokesweasel.

And the temporary closure of a single refinery is responsible for the escalation of pump prices that we are currently seeing? I have to honk the B.S. Horn by on THAT one. Like they can’t plan for refinery maintenance and corresponding production interruptions?

Newsom is doing the right thing from both a fiscal and a political perspective. The fact that it apparently annoys RWNJ’s like you is just the cherry on top of the sundae.

And BTW, Newsom’s proposed legislation would, according to his public statements on the subject, return the revenues from this windfall profits tax to California voters. So no, you’re wrong yet again. The tax will not be passed on to me. Just the revenues therefrom. :cool::cool:

That’s a long way of saying your gas prices are double that of much of the rest of the country. Weird how corporate greed just ends at the Nevada border.

This, in and of itself, is a already tax on the working class.

FeEW_RyUYAA4ySG

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Well done, Governor Newsom! Tax the crap out of those greedy oil companies! Crude prices are down but not prices at the pump. Yet again. Color me shocked.
I would suggest that if the oil companies are over taxed, they could leave or reduce production and California could be powered by what the Left calls renewable energy.

Also the dunces in Calif are banning the sale of gasoline powered vehicles 13 years from now. Higher prices simply assist in attaining the goal of that law sooner.

Last edited:

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
I would suggest that if the oil companies are over taxed, they could leave or reduce production and California could be powered by what the Left calls renewable energy.

Also the dunces in Calif are banning the sale of gasoline powered vehicles 13 years from now. Higher prices simply assist in attaining the goal of that law sooner.
How shocking that you would produce a post like this one ^^^^. Roughly half of your posts here are devoted to starting or continuing threads devoted to bashing all things California. And the irony of it all is that you live in Columbus, Ahia. You go, Trump Cultist.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
I post a good amount about Calif. Nowhere near half. As usual, you are non-factual and uninformed. In your bubble, you think if you mention your self-created word, Ahia,, you don't have to think or have any knowledge about what you are talking about.

Since you raise the issue, here is another Calif contribution to our society -- street takeovers. You must be proud of the way that Calif continues to advance under extreme Lefty rule.

Reactions: Hotshoe and bison13

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC

Summers: We Can’t Have ‘Strategy of Total Hostility to Fossil Fuels’ That We’ve Had, Canceling Keystone, Slowing Permits Were Mistakes​

During an interview aired on Friday’s broadcast of Bloomberg’s “Wall Street Week,” Harvard Professor, economist, Director of the National Economic Council under President Barack Obama, and Treasury Secretary under President Bill Clinton Larry Summers reacted to OPEC+’s production cut by stating that “we made a mistake by canceling the Keystone pipeline. We made a mistake by slowing down all kinds of permitting activity. We made a mistake by being hostile as a country to natural gas.” And arguing that “we need a different kind of energy strategy than the one that we’ve had. We need a strategy that is balanced, rather than an unbalanced strategy of total hostility to fossil fuels” but we’re moving in that direction.

Summers said, “Look, we made a mistake by canceling the Keystone pipeline. We made a mistake by slowing down all kinds of permitting activity. We made a mistake by being hostile as a country to natural gas. We made a mistake in the Congress a few weeks ago when we didn’t pass the Manchin program of expanding permitting. We crucially need regulatory relief or we’re not going to get renewables online fast, and we’re not going to get the transmission lines that are necessary for renewables to become a large part of our energy fast. So, the real lesson [of] this is we need a different kind of energy strategy than the one that we’ve had.
We need a strategy that is balanced, rather than an unbalanced strategy of total hostility to fossil fuels or God knows the kind of total strategy of favoring fossil fuels that we had, of even egregious favoritism towards Saudi Arabia that we saw during the Trump administration. We need to find a balance. And I think we’re making our way in that direction.”

Reactions: psuted and bison13

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010

Summers: We Can’t Have ‘Strategy of Total Hostility to Fossil Fuels’ That We’ve Had, Canceling Keystone, Slowing Permits Were Mistakes​

During an interview aired on Friday’s broadcast of Bloomberg’s “Wall Street Week,” Harvard Professor, economist, Director of the National Economic Council under President Barack Obama, and Treasury Secretary under President Bill Clinton Larry Summers reacted to OPEC+’s production cut by stating that “we made a mistake by canceling the Keystone pipeline. We made a mistake by slowing down all kinds of permitting activity. We made a mistake by being hostile as a country to natural gas.” And arguing that “we need a different kind of energy strategy than the one that we’ve had. We need a strategy that is balanced, rather than an unbalanced strategy of total hostility to fossil fuels” but we’re moving in that direction.

Summers said, “Look, we made a mistake by canceling the Keystone pipeline. We made a mistake by slowing down all kinds of permitting activity. We made a mistake by being hostile as a country to natural gas. We made a mistake in the Congress a few weeks ago when we didn’t pass the Manchin program of expanding permitting. We crucially need regulatory relief or we’re not going to get renewables online fast, and we’re not going to get the transmission lines that are necessary for renewables to become a large part of our energy fast. So, the real lesson [of] this is we need a different kind of energy strategy than the one that we’ve had.
We need a strategy that is balanced, rather than an unbalanced strategy of total hostility to fossil fuels or God knows the kind of total strategy of favoring fossil fuels that we had, of even egregious favoritism towards Saudi Arabia that we saw during the Trump administration. We need to find a balance. And I think we’re making our way in that direction.”

I think his comments are reasonable, but I certainly don’t trust anything a Democrat like Summers says, especially in an environment in which the Democrats created this disaster and are now looking for ways to find cover. And then he takes a totally unnecessary and unjustified shot at Trump.

Last edited:
Reactions: royboy