ADVERTISEMENT

The Ultimate GOAT Thread

AgSurfer

Aug 9, 2013
Whenever I see GOAT discussions on message boards, they are always restricted to US wrestlers. How about a discussion that includes everyone? There are some great wrestlers from other countries that have wins over some of our best guys, yet they never get mentioned in these discussions. So who was the Ultimate GOAT? Here are a few names, (lots of Russians) but there are probably a lot more that should be considered.

Alexander Medved
Mijain Lopez
Yojiro Uetake
Sergei Belaglazov
Cael Sanderson
Alexander Karelin
Valentin Jordanov
John Smith
Buvaisar Saitev
Dan Gable
Arsen Fadzaev
Osamu Watanabe
Ivan Yarygin
Jordan Burroughs

Last edited:
Whenever I see GOAT discussions on message boards, they are always restricted to US wrestlers. How about a discussion that includes everyone? There are some great wrestlers from other countries that have wins over some of our best guys, yet they never get mentioned in these discussions. So who was the Ultimate GOAT? Here are a few names, (lots of Russians) but there are probably a lot more that should be considered.

Alexander Medved
Mijain Lopez
Yojiro Uetake
Sergei Belaglazov
Cael Sanderson
Alexander Karelin
Valentin Jordanov
John Smith
Buvaisar Saitev
Dan Gable
Arsen Fadzaev
Osamu Watanabe
Ivan Yarygin
Jordan Burroughs
Rowdy Roddy Piper

Alexander Medved
Mijain Lopez
Yojiro Uetake
Sergei Belaglazov
Cael Sanderson
Alexander Karelin
Valentin Jordanov
John Smith
Buvaisar Saitev
Dan Gable
Arsen Fadzaev
Osamu Watanabe
Ivan Yarygin
Jordan Burroughs
The best in their prime or the best over a number of years? Gable may have been the best in his prime, but Buroughs and John Smith were better over a period of many years.

I know this is going to be an unpopular thing to say, but Cael does not belong on that list if we are talking international GOAT. If we are talking domestic folk style, then yes he is on it and probably at the top.

Saitiev. Hands down for me. Lots of great talents over the years but he stood out even among the best

The best in their prime or the best over a number of years? Gable may have been the best in his prime, but Buroughs and John Smith were better over a period of many years.

I know this is going to be an unpopular thing to say, but Cael does not belong on that list if we are talking international GOAT. If we are talking domestic folk style, then yes he is on it and probably at the top.
Re: folkstyle and Cael. No “probably” about it. Undefeated and 4 Time OW at Nationals are the trump cards

Reactions: zzs006
Rowdy Roddy Piper
roddypiper.0_standard_709.0.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT