ADVERTISEMENT

They’re Voting for Trump to Save ‘Democracy’

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
That's what real American's do. Evidently, there are a few real Americans out their in the democratic party. Lifelong democrats who see it, and are voting to SAVE OUR DEMOCRACY... lol...

https://www.thefp.com/p/theyre-voting-for-trump-to-save-democracy

But many Americans had a different impression of the Trump verdict: that his conviction was proof of corruption, not justice. And while a snap poll showed that 54 percent of registered voters “strongly” or “somewhat” approved of the guilty verdict, more than a third of voters said they “strongly” or “somewhat” disapproved.

Meanwhile, as media analysts were busy celebrating the verdict, with ABC’s chief White House correspondent calling it a “political gift to Democrats,” searches for “donate to Trump” spiked on Google. So many people were rushing to Trump’s fundraising page that the site temporarily crashed. By the next morning, his campaign announced that nearly $35 million had poured in overnight—almost 30 percent of which appeared to come from first-time Trump donors. By late Friday, the campaign stated that the total had climbed to nearly $53 million.

Who are these sudden supporters? We wanted to find out. Here, seven people tell us how they made the journey from Never Trump to Trump Now.
  • Shaun Maguire: “The Republican Party is less of a danger to democracy than the Democratic Party right now.”
  • Kate Nitti: “I feel the need to send a message to the Democrats.”
  • Jack MacGuire: “I’m all in with the MAGA people, because this has to end.”
  • Emery Barter: “Trump doesn’t scare me.”
  • Adam Mortara: “It’s a danger to America if Joe Biden wins the election.”
  • Daniel Kotzin: “I don’t want better experts. I want no experts.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News